Cromer Town score four - but it’s still not enough
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Cromer Town scored four times on Saturday - but it was still not enough to earn them their first Anglian Combination Premier Division points of the season.
The Crabs were beaten 5-4 at home by Mattishall with a hat-trick from recent signing Ben Cissell and one from Antoni Fawkes turning out to be no more than consolations, with Xavier Huckle also scoring three and Orren Oliver two.
Lee Hackleton's side are becoming increasingly competitive however and they will be hoping for that elusive win on Saturday when they visit Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves, the side immediately above them.
Stalham Town also lost a high-scoring match at home, 4-3 to Wroxham Reserves (Lawrence Cheese, Jack Child, Chalie Skipper). They visit Mattishall next.
In Division One Aylsham continued their good run with a 3-0 win at Loddon with goals from Toby Oliver (2) and Jack Mollicone while Sheringham went down 2-0 at Hellesdon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer