Cromer Town score four - but it’s still not enough
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Cromer Town scored four times on Saturday - but it was still not enough to earn them their first Anglian Combination Premier Division points of the season.
The Crabs were beaten 5-4 at home by Mattishall with a hat-trick from recent signing Ben Cissell and one from Antoni Fawkes turning out to be no more than consolations, with Xavier Huckle also scoring three and Orren Oliver two.
Lee Hackleton's side are becoming increasingly competitive however and they will be hoping for that elusive win on Saturday when they visit Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves, the side immediately above them.
Stalham Town also lost a high-scoring match at home, 4-3 to Wroxham Reserves (Lawrence Cheese, Jack Child, Chalie Skipper). They visit Mattishall next.
In Division One Aylsham continued their good run with a 3-0 win at Loddon with goals from Toby Oliver (2) and Jack Mollicone while Sheringham went down 2-0 at Hellesdon.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days