Cromer Town lose 7-0 at home to early season strugglers Loddon
- Credit: PA
It looks like being another long, hard season for Cromer Town unless reinforcements are brought in.
The Crabs entertained a Loddon side still looking for their first point at Cabbell Park on Saturday - and were hammered 7-0.
Matt Eyre scored no less than six of the goals for the visitors, with Jamie Weston-King getting the other one.
It was a second straight defeat for Cromer since relegation from the top flight, following a 4-1 reverse at newly promoted Watton the previous weekend.
The positive for the Crabs is that they are still representing the town in the Anglian Combination after a worrying summer when the club's very existence looked under threat.
You may also want to watch:
But having started from scratch in terms of players manager Jordan Kemp clearly needs to strenghthen if his side are to avoid another season of toil at a lower level.
The next challenge is a Mummery Cup first round tie against Bungay at Cabbell Park on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 7 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 8 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 9 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 10 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
Elsewhere North Walsham hit the goal trail, winning 7-1 at Attleborough thanks to a hat-trick from Connor Kerry and further goals from Jay Robertson, Colm McGilway, Luke Everson and Dale Wilton.
Aylsham and Scole shared the points in a 2-2 draw, with Phil Read and Stuart Boam on target.
Early leaders Sheringham won 3-1 at newly promoted UEA and lead the way by one point after winning four out of five and drawing the other one.
Tim Carey, Jack Crane and George Abbott scored for Sheringham.
In the Premier Division Stalham Town scored three goals at home for the second time running, only to lose heavily again. They followed up a 9-3 defeat against Norwich CEYMS with a 6-3 reverse at the hands of Harleston Town.
Lewis Crosby and two own goals helped the home side hit three but a hat-trick from Nathan Stone as well as a brace from Nicky Howell and a Connor Delaney strike saw the visitors take the points.
Aylsham host Sheringham in a Mummery Cup derby on Saturday while North Walsham visit St Andrews and Stalham have another home game against Harleston.
Holt lost 2-1 at home to Martham in Division Two (Ben Burch). They host Mattishall Reserves in the Cyril Ballyn Cup on Saturday.