Cromer through to next round

Cromer Town 2, Wymondham Town 0

CROMER beat Anglian Combination Division One side Wymondham Town in the Mummery Cup first round.

Osborne returned in goal, Cameron came back in at centre-half and new signing from Hempnall Sam Wenham made his debut at left-back. Davies was missing through illness.

A minute's silence was held for former player, supporter and local businessman Dave Facey.

You may also want to watch:

The opening period saw both teams have a couple of half-chances.

Just after the half-hour mark the Crabs took the lead. Landamore played the ball into the run of Wilton, and despite a hint of offside play continued. Wilton cut inside his marker and pulled the ball back to give Hinton a simple finish from close range.

Most Read

The visitors had a chance to equalise when Rackham was through on goal but Osborne was out quickly to smother the danger.

Before the break Terrington spread the play wide to Hinton who picked out Wilton at the back post, but he headed straight at Ducker.

On 52 minutes Harwood gave the ball away to Chris O'Brien who was denied one-on-one by a smart save. It was Wymondham's best chance to get back into the game.

Bugdale from 20 yards was denied by a good diving save and Pipe's flicked header went just over the bar.

In the 67th minute Cromer grabbed their second. A free-kick was played to Pipe who brought it down well, scuffed a shot across goal for Cameron to score from two yards.

Cameron denied Wymondham with a superb tackle.

The game ended with a fairly comfortable victory for Cromer against a resilient Wymondham side.

Next game, Poringland away for the Crabs.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus