Cromer Tennis Club’s season getting into full swing
- Credit: Archant
Cromer Men's D team played Marsh on the the club's grass courts.
John Baker and Will Stoppani won their first rubber against David Petch and Tom Howe 12-4 while Kelvin Van Hasselt and Sian Stoppani lost their rubber against this pair 6-10.
John and Will then had a close rubber against Ian Jamison and Chris Musset, finally winning 9-7 while Kelvin and Sian lost against this pair 5-11.
Both teams played steady tennis which brought about an overall draw at 32-32.
In the North Norfolk League, Cromer Bad Bouncers played Cromer Net Cords. John Williams and Adam Spruce drew against Alistair Dunnett and Gary Spruce in the men's doubles 4-6, 7-6 while in the ladies' doubles the third member of the Spruce dynasty, Jean and her partner Emma Smith won against Lorraine Young and Tessa Turner 6-4, 6-1.
You may also want to watch:
In the Mixed Doubles, John and Emma beat Alistair and Tessa 6-4, 6-0 and the other pairing of Lorraine and Gary drew against Adam and Jean 6-1, 4-6.
The Bad Bouncers won overall 6-2, winning 42 games against Net Cords' 31.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 5 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
Cromer Baseliners travelled to North Elmham for their first match of the season.
Geoff Cramp partnered Steve Bale to a draw in the men's doubles against Les Digby and Humphrey Borgris 6-1, 4-6. Anne Armitage and Chris Chapman won the ladies' doubles 6-1 6-3 against Christine Skipper and Jennie Borgris.
In the Mixed doubles, Anne and Geoff won their match against Les and Christine 6-4, 6-3 and in the other mixed Chris and Steve won 6-1, 6-2. This gave the Baseliners the win 7-1 (46-21).
Cromer D Ladies match against Cringleford began in changeable weather. Despite dark clouds, the ladies took to the grass courts on time.
Nikki Baker and Jean Spruce won their first round match 9-7 but Maggie Tranter and Caroline Freeth lost their first match 7-9.
In the second round, Maggie and Caroline lost 7-9 again and Nikki and Jean lost 7.9. This gave the overall win to Cringleford.
Annie Cowper Johnston and Lisa Lowe travelled to Lime Tree Road in Norwich to take part in the Libby Ferris one-day tournament.
They enjoyed a fine day's tennis which culminated in them beating Sarah Wells and Kate Murray 6-4 in the final.