Cromer still way ahead despite draw
Loddon United 2,Cromer Town 2
LEADERS Cromer made the trip to Loddon in what was almost certainly going to be a difficult game against a side that recently had back-to-back victories against Anglian Combination reigning champions Blofield.
The Crabs were forced to make three changes with Osborne and Landamore both injured and Davies ill. This saw reserve keeper Chris Bird in goal, and Harwood and Durrant came in at right-back and centre-midfield respectively/
Loddon made an excellent start and took the lead after just seven minutes.
Poor marking from the corner allowed Hancock to get in at the near post and head home from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the early setback, Cromer looked to take control and despite the small, bumpy pitch they started to play some good football. Durrant laid the ball to Horton whose effort went just wide.
Then on 28 minutes a corner dropped to Darren Terrington, who couldn't get over the ball and headed over from close range.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 'Crisis' appeal as heritage railway loses £765k in year
- 3 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- 4 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 5 Parachute flare discovered on Norfolk beach
- 6 Inquest opens into death of man whose car crashed into wall
- 7 Norfolk’s weekly Covid care home deaths among worst in England
- 8 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 9 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
- 10 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
Despite still being behind at the break, the Crabs felt more of the same in the second half would almost certainly get them back in the game, which they did on the hour mark.
Wilton kept the ball in play and laid it back for Harwood to find Hinton.
The Cromer forward showed good determination to get past his markers and into space before toe-poking with his left foot into the bottom right corner.
Soon afterwards Cromer took the lead when Durrant volleyed home from eight yards from a corner.
After this Cromer seemed to drop off and on the few occasions they did go forward a final ball eluded them. They paid the price when they conceded in the 90th minute.
A ball into the box was knocked down by Baylis, and Summons on the edge of the box found the roof of the net with an excellent first-time strike.
Two points dropped for the Crabs, who will be looking to return to winning ways on Saturday when the same opponents come to Cabbell Park, kick-off 2.30pm.