Cromer progress in Norfolk Senior Cup
Sprowston Athletic 1, Cromer Town 4This Norfolk Senior Cup third round replay was much more comfortable for the north Norfolk side who responded brilliantly after the award of a penalty and booked their place in the fourth round where they will travel to Blofield.
Sprowston Athletic 1, Cromer Town 4
This Norfolk Senior Cup third round replay was much more comfortable for the north Norfolk side who responded brilliantly after the award of a penalty and booked their place in the fourth round where they will travel to Blofield.
Saturday also sees a trip to Blofield as Cromer return to league action.
At Athletic, manager Chris Wigger was forced to make several changes due to injuries and other commitments and the Crabs only had two subs, writes Richard Cox.
The Crabs took a deserved lead on 15 minutes. A first corner was cleared but the following one saw the ball go to Terrington at the front post who flicked the ball on and Nicky Mace headed home from close range.
Tom Davies went close after Terrington had flicked the ball through. Just after the half-hour mark the home side were given a lifeline when the linesman flagged for a penalty. Ben Welham sent Richard Kellett the wrong way.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 7 New group's £3.3 million bid to take over Holt Hall
- 8 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
This equaliser sparked Cromer into scoring three goals in the next five minutes.
They regained the lead when Liam Davies cleared down the centre and Tom Davies beat keeper Still to the ball and Davies headed into the open goal.
It was 3-1 when Tom Davies got his second of the game when he headed into the net from six yards after a superb cross from Matthew Eves.
From the kick-off Cromer regained possession and added a fourth before the break. Tom Davies crossed to the near post where Darren Terrington forced a mistake in the Sprowston defence and the Cromer No 9 finished well.
The second half saw much less action and any threat that came was from the visitors. Steven Barnes put the ball in the box and it fell to Terrington whose effort was straight at Still.
Tom Davies had an opportunity to get his hat-trick when Sharman played him through but his first time shot rolled wide. Before the end Honeyman and Mace both had efforts kept out by Still.