Cromer pipped to title
Cromer Town's hopes of the Anglian Combination championship were dashed on Friday night when Blofield surged to the top of the table to be certain of the Sterry Cup.
Cromer Town's hopes of
the Anglian Combination championship were dashed on Friday night when Blofield surged to the top of the table to be certain of the Sterry Cup. Their 8-2 win over Wroxham Reserves took them to the Crabs' total of 62 points and above them on goal difference with a game
to play, Cromer having completed their programme.
It was a record sixth title for Blofield, who also won the Mummery Cup and saw their reserve side win Division Four. Blofield then wrapped up their season on Tuesday night with a 2-1 win over Beccles while Hempnall beat Mattishall 2-1 to get within a point of the Crabs in third.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham, in the title hunt for much of the season, finished fourth with Wroxham Reserves seventh.
Last season's champions Sheringham ended a difficult season fourth from bottom.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
In Division One, Reepham Town finished mid-table in ninth with Stalham fourth bottom and Holt one place below them.
Cromer reports: Page 47