Cromer pipped to title
Cromer Town's hopes of the Anglian Combination championship were dashed on Friday night when Blofield surged to the top of the table to be certain of the Sterry Cup.
Cromer Town's hopes of
the Anglian Combination championship were dashed on Friday night when Blofield surged to the top of the table to be certain of the Sterry Cup. Their 8-2 win over Wroxham Reserves took them to the Crabs' total of 62 points and above them on goal difference with a game
to play, Cromer having completed their programme.
It was a record sixth title for Blofield, who also won the Mummery Cup and saw their reserve side win Division Four. Blofield then wrapped up their season on Tuesday night with a 2-1 win over Beccles while Hempnall beat Mattishall 2-1 to get within a point of the Crabs in third.
North Walsham, in the title hunt for much of the season, finished fourth with Wroxham Reserves seventh.
Last season's champions Sheringham ended a difficult season fourth from bottom.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 3 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 4 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 5 Book shop partners open new branch for second-hand volumes
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Seaside ramp reopens following restoration work after erosion
- 8 Soaring cost-of-living among objections to car park charge rises
- 9 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
In Division One, Reepham Town finished mid-table in ninth with Stalham fourth bottom and Holt one place below them.
Cromer reports: Page 47