Cromer out of cup
Acle United 3, Cromer Town 1THIS was a very mediocre display from Cromer who didn't deserve anything from this Norfolk Senior Cup third round replay.
Acle United 3, Cromer Town 1
THIS was a very mediocre display from Cromer who didn't deserve anything from this Norfolk Senior Cup third round replay.
They will be hoping to avoid similar displays in the coming weeks if they are to maintain their unbeaten start in the league.
Hopefully, there will be a much better performance on Saturday when they visit North Walsham (kick- off 3pm).
You may also want to watch:
For the replay, there were two changes to the starting line-up. Nicky Mace was in goal for the injured Osborne and David Harwood returned for James Marsh (ill), writes Richard Cox.
The Crabs had the first chance of the game. Tom Davies floated the ball to the back post to Simon Durrant whose header went straight into the hands of Scott Foreman.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 5 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 6 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 7 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 8 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
Acle then took control and took the lead on 25 minutes. The ball was played over the top and Morgan got the ball then cut into the box before firing across goal into the net.
Acle grabbed a very fortunate second goal moments later when Nicholls made a tackle in the centre circle, the ball looped up and went over Mace into the goal.
Morgan then wasted a great opportunity when his shot came back off the post. From the rebound Holdsworth missed a simple tap-in.
Cromer failed to create anything first half and they didn't look likely to make any kind of comeback. With 15 minutes left Acle scored a third to book their place in the next round.
A cross from the right went to Morgan who scored his second from close range.
Cromer grabbed a consolation goal with a couple of minutes left. Bugdale crossed to Durrant in the centre and his header went into the roof of the net.
Cromer Reserves had an excellent 3-2 win at Bradenham. Darren Terrington grabbed a brace and Paul Winterbone was the other scorer. On Saturday Diss Reserves are the visitors to Cabbell Park in the Norfolk Junior Cup second round (kick off 2pm).