Cromer juniors do themselves and their county proud
- Credit: Archant
On Sunday three junior members of Cromer Lawn Tennis and Squash Club represented Norfolk at under-nine age level at Easton Tennis Centre just outside Norwich and did themselves proud.
Playing against a strong team from Cambridgshire Matilda Cabrera Burns won all four of her singles matches whiled Jack Bradshaw won three out of four.
Jude Ellis stepped up to Under-Nine Mini-Orange level at a late hour and did very well to win one match as she is still at under-eight age level.
Both Jack and Jude were making their debuts at this level.
The junior players were watched by parents and also head coach Andy Margarson and all contributed fantastically despite the Norfolk team being edged out by the opposition in a close match.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 96 players were competing which made it the largest one-day county match hosted at the venue so far.
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 6 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 7 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 8 Have your say on bid to improve North Walsham town centre
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Locations revealed for Norfolk's new £500k art trail