Cromer forced to replay
Cromer Town 3, Acle United 3 (aet)THESE teams replay this Norfolk Senior Cup third round tie on Saturday at Acle, ko 2pm.Cromer made one enforced change with James Marsh coming in for David Harwood, writes Richard Cox.
Cromer Town 3, Acle United 3 (aet)
THESE teams replay this Norfolk Senior Cup third round tie on Saturday at Acle, ko 2pm.
Cromer made one enforced change with James Marsh coming in for David Harwood, writes Richard Cox.
Cromer had more of the play early on and they took the lead on 17 minutes when Tom Davies' corner went to the unmarked Liam Davies at the back post, who headed into the net from close range.
You may also want to watch:
The Crabs had opportunities to extend their lead. Simon Durrant headed the ball down to Tom Parker who volleyed just wide.
Hunton then squared the ball to Tom Davies whose first-time strike was straight at Scott Foreman in the Acle goal.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
In the final moments of the half Acle grabbed two quick goals to go in with the advantage at the break.
The first goal came when the ball was played over the defence for Ben Morgan and he coolly lifted it over Osborne.
The second came from a similar through ball. Lewis Holdsworth's run wasn't tracked and finished well to make it 2-1.
At the beginning of the second half Morgan wasted a good chance to grab Acle's third.
In the hunt for the equaliser Cromer pressurised the visitors' goal. Honeyman headed over from a Tom Davies cross. Then from a Matthew Eves cross Tom Davies' header came back off the woodwork.
The equaliser came on 68 minutes. Neil Bugdale's free-kick on the edge of the box went through the wall, the goalkeeper fumbled the ball allowing Parker to nip in and tap home for the leveller.
Within eight minutes the Crabs re-took the lead. Bugdale laid the ball into the run of Karl Horton, whose fantastic strike from 30 yards sailed into the top corner.
But almost immediately Acle equalised. The ball was crossed into the Cromer box, not one Cromer player attacked it and Adam Faulkes had an easy finish from close range.
Eves shot from the edge of the box but it was tipped over and the game went into extra time.
Daniel Crane had the only shot of the extra period but he fired just over.
The reserves travelled to top of the table Mundford, losing 5-1. Darren Terrington got the goal from the penalty spot.
On Saturday they have another tough away fixture, at Bradenham.