Cromer find form

Cromer Town 4, Watton United 1CROMER played their second game of the week after starting the season with two defeats.Manager Chris Wigger made a couple of personnel changes as well as a change to the side formation.

Cromer Town 4, Watton United 1

CROMER played their second game of the week after starting the season with two defeats.

Manager Chris Wigger made a couple of personnel changes as well as a change to the side formation.

The game got off to a quick start with Watton taking the lead with their first attack. Nath Clark got between the Cromer centre halves and finished well one on one with Kellett.

Cromer equalised immediately with their first attempt when Karl Horton ran down the right and crossed to Matthew Eves who volleyed into the bottom corner.

The next attack of the game saw the Crabs take the lead. A corner was put into the six yard box and it fell to the feet of eves who back-heeled into the goal from close range.

Most Read

The rapid start saw three goals in 10 minutes but after that neither side threatened the other until the closing moments of the half when Watton's Mark Ailbine saw his effort hit the post.

Cromer started the second half in a similar attacking mood. Liam Landamore played the ball through to Darren Terrington whose shot hit the side netting.

Shortly after the Crabs extended their lead. Landamore intercepted the goalkeeper's clearance and then crossed brilliantly to Eves who smartly finished first time to complete his hat-trick.

It was Cromer who looked like they would further extend their lead. Jake McCabe put in a good cross to Terrington whose header was tipped over for a corner by Scott Crankshane. From the corner Horton found Cullington who then headed the ball down and Terrington reacted quickest to tap home from close range.

Horton then had a couple of chances before the end. His first effort was deflected onto the crossbar and then one on one with Crankshane he fired straight at the Watton keeper.

Despite conceding the early goal it was pretty straight forward for Cromer who played a lot better than in the first two games and the changes tactically certainly seemed to work. Hopefully a similar display will be seen when they travel to Sprowston Athletic this Saturday.

The reserves suffered their first defeat of the season away at Newton Flotman losing 4-1. James Marsh got the goal.

Cromer Town 1, Acle United 3

CROMER entertained Acle in their first home game of the new season.

The hosts made a positive start. Matthew Eves played the ball through to Darren Terrington who timed his run perfectly.

Terrington was then denied by the foot of Acle goalkeeper Scott Foreman. Eves then ran through the centre before laying the ball wide to Ben Sharman whose low, teasing cross wasn't met by anyone in the box.

Halfway through the first half Eves crossed to Terrington whose header was pushed over by Foreman. Cromer continued to cause problems with Foreman again called into action to keep out Terrington's first time shot.

It wasn't until first-half injury time that the Crabs got the goal they deserved. Terrington showed great strength and desire in beating three players before coolly finishing past Foreman to give his side the lead at the break.

A good first half display from Cromer who dominated possession and the chances but a different Cromer side seemed to come out for the second half as it was Acle who were quicker and more determined.

From the restart the visitors caused more problems than they did in the first half. Lewis Holdsworth got the better of Cullington before squaring to Nathan Thompson who blasted over from inside the box.

Acle grabbed the equaliser on 55 minutes. Ian Morgan made a powerful run through the Cromer centre defence and finished coolly in the corner of the goal.

Ten minutes later Acle took the lead thanks to a 35 yard wonder strike from Warren Nicholls that flew into the top corner of the Cromer goal.

The visitors remained in control and they looked likely to add to their lead. Substitute Jordy Broadbent showed good pace to get on to the loose ball and forced a good save from Richard Kellett.

From the resulting corner Acle struck the bar with a close range effort. The visitors sealed victory with a third when Holdsworth's ball into the box was left by everyone in the box and it found its way into the back of the net.

Acle had one final opportunity but Mark Higgins hit high and wide from a good position.

It was a disappointing loss for Cromer who played so well in the first half, but credit to Acle who in the second half showed more desire in all areas of the pitch.

On Wednesday the reserves travelled to Fakenham Reserves and picked up all three points with a 3-1 victory. Liam Walsh, Fabian Denny and James Wright got the goals.