Cromer earn away point
SATURDAY sees a trip for Cromer to St Andrews in the first round of the Mummery Cup.Sprowston Athletic 1, Cromer 1CROMER were missing a few players due to suspension, plus others unavailable, which meant the squad was really stretched.
SATURDAY sees a trip for Cromer to St Andrews in the first round of the Mummery Cup.
Sprowston Athletic 1, Cromer 1
CROMER were missing a few players due to suspension, plus others unavailable, which meant the squad was really stretched. The starting line-up included the three new signings made during the week - Tom Rolfe, Kieran Patel and Duncan McInally.
You may also want to watch:
The Crabs threatened early from a corner when the ball went to McInally whose shot was cleared by a defender.
Cromer took the lead when Ben Sharman passed the ball inside to Matthew Eves whose quick feet allowed him to play the ball through for Darren Terrington to finish superbly.
- 1 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 2 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 9 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
The game then took a big turn against Cromer when they were reduced to 10 men when Karl Horton received a straight red card for an incident with the Sprowston captain, who was only punished with a yellow card.
The hosts equalised on the hour mark from a dead-ball position. Tim Henery put a corner in and Andy Palmer rose to head home.
The Crabs defended resiliently and Terrington and Sharman had chances from Rolfe crosses.