Cromer claim derby win
Cromer Town 2, North Walsham Town 1
Cromer went into this derby on the back of four straight league wins. There was one change from last weekend with Hinton returning to face his former club.
The Crabs had the early chances. An excellent delivery from Harwood went to another ex-Walsham player Wilton, but he fired over. On 13 minutes some superb football around the edge of the box involving Horton, Terrington, Hinton, Wilton and finally Landamore saw the latter force a fine save from Jessop with a shot from the edge of the box.
The Angels then had chances. They had a superb opportunity to take the lead. A cross from the right ran through to an unmarked Davies at the back post who, from just three yards, found the side netting.
With their next attack North Walsham did take the lead. The ball came in from the right and found Abbs, whose first effort was saved by Osborne. The ball came back out to Abbs whose second attempt took a looping deflection into the net.
The Crabs equalised immediately. Bugdale crossed from the left and picked out Terrington at the back post. He headed back across goal into the opposite corner. Before half- time Cromer went close, Landamore's strike rattling the bar.
- 1 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 2 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 Will new lease mean a new surface for this pothole-riddled carpark?
- 5 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 6 Norfolk train station features as 'pointless' answer on BBC TV show
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Lifeboat rescues seasick crew on struggling 45ft cruiser
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
In the second half Cromer came out of the blocks quickly. Bugdale crossed to Wilton, who fired overt. Cromer took control and grabbed their second on 67 minutes.
Hinton cut in from the left and squared to Horton, who struck from 20 yards, Terrington was running across the path of the ball and redirected it with his head into the net for his second of the game.
Cromer threatened to add more goals. A pass back was picked up by Wilton but one-on-one with Jessop he slid the ball wide. A Hinton shot was blocked and from the rebound Wilton had his effort cleared off the line. Jessop kept the score line down with some fine saves denying Horton, Terrington and Honeyman in the closing minutes.
It was the fifth consecutive league win for Cromer, who are joint top with Blofield.
Cromer entertain Acle in the Norfolk Senior Cup third round on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.