Cromer claim derby win
Cromer Town 2, North Walsham Town 1
Cromer went into this derby on the back of four straight league wins. There was one change from last weekend with Hinton returning to face his former club.
The Crabs had the early chances. An excellent delivery from Harwood went to another ex-Walsham player Wilton, but he fired over. On 13 minutes some superb football around the edge of the box involving Horton, Terrington, Hinton, Wilton and finally Landamore saw the latter force a fine save from Jessop with a shot from the edge of the box.
The Angels then had chances. They had a superb opportunity to take the lead. A cross from the right ran through to an unmarked Davies at the back post who, from just three yards, found the side netting.
You may also want to watch:
With their next attack North Walsham did take the lead. The ball came in from the right and found Abbs, whose first effort was saved by Osborne. The ball came back out to Abbs whose second attempt took a looping deflection into the net.
The Crabs equalised immediately. Bugdale crossed from the left and picked out Terrington at the back post. He headed back across goal into the opposite corner. Before half- time Cromer went close, Landamore's strike rattling the bar.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 6 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
In the second half Cromer came out of the blocks quickly. Bugdale crossed to Wilton, who fired overt. Cromer took control and grabbed their second on 67 minutes.
Hinton cut in from the left and squared to Horton, who struck from 20 yards, Terrington was running across the path of the ball and redirected it with his head into the net for his second of the game.
Cromer threatened to add more goals. A pass back was picked up by Wilton but one-on-one with Jessop he slid the ball wide. A Hinton shot was blocked and from the rebound Wilton had his effort cleared off the line. Jessop kept the score line down with some fine saves denying Horton, Terrington and Honeyman in the closing minutes.
It was the fifth consecutive league win for Cromer, who are joint top with Blofield.
Cromer entertain Acle in the Norfolk Senior Cup third round on Saturday, 2.30pm kick-off.