Cromer Carnival fun run attracts record entries
- Credit: Archant
A record number of runners took part in the Carnival fun run in Cromer last week.
The annual race around town, which is organised by North Norfolk Beach Runners and this year attracted 156 entries, is one of the highlights of a week of festivities.
Competitors had the option of completing either one or two one-and-a-half mile laps.
First home was 14-year-old Sam Cooper, of North Norfolk Harriers, in a time of 8 minutes 45 seconds. He was quickly followed by Thomas O'Reilly, 13, and Dylan White, 10, in second and third respectively.
And 11-year-old Holly Lathwell, from Luton AC, was first female home in fourth place, with a time of nine minutes and 14 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
In the two-lap race, 16-year-old Ethan Davies, of North Norfolk Harriers, was first with a time of 16 minutes and 56 seconds. And first female was Julie Cant, 55, from Milton Keynes, with a time of 18 minutes and 17 seconds.
For a full list of results, log on to http://nnbr.co.uk
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 7 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 8 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping