Cromer Carnival fun run attracts record entries
- Credit: Archant
A record number of runners took part in the Carnival fun run in Cromer last week.
The annual race around town, which is organised by North Norfolk Beach Runners and this year attracted 156 entries, is one of the highlights of a week of festivities.
Competitors had the option of completing either one or two one-and-a-half mile laps.
First home was 14-year-old Sam Cooper, of North Norfolk Harriers, in a time of 8 minutes 45 seconds. He was quickly followed by Thomas O'Reilly, 13, and Dylan White, 10, in second and third respectively.
And 11-year-old Holly Lathwell, from Luton AC, was first female home in fourth place, with a time of nine minutes and 14 seconds.
You may also want to watch:
In the two-lap race, 16-year-old Ethan Davies, of North Norfolk Harriers, was first with a time of 16 minutes and 56 seconds. And first female was Julie Cant, 55, from Milton Keynes, with a time of 18 minutes and 17 seconds.
For a full list of results, log on to http://nnbr.co.uk
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor