Cromer bounce back with point
Cromer entertain reviving defending champions Wroxham Reserves on Saturday following Tuesday's 1-1 home draw with Beccles.Blofield United 4, Cromer Town 1THIS was perhaps a slightly flattering scoreline, but there could be no argument Blofield deserved the victory.
Cromer entertain reviving defending champions Wroxham Reserves on Saturday following Tuesday's 1-1 home draw with Beccles.
Blofield United 4, Cromer Town 1
THIS was perhaps a slightly flattering scoreline, but there could be no argument Blofield deserved the victory. It was a disappointing performance from Cromer, who on the back of four straight wins hoped to put up a much better display.
You may also want to watch:
The opening minutes saw Cromer dominate possession but they failed to cause any problems. Then Blofield had the first opportunity. A long throw into the box was headed just over by Lee Skoyles. Luke Adcock made a run down the wing and crossed into the box, but Parsons intercepted the cross to deny Brown a simple tap-in.
On 30 minutes Blofield took the lead with a Danny Brown penalty after the ball was flicked on and struck Bradshaw's arm, although the Cromer centre-half could do nothing to avoid it. Blofield extended their lead just before half-time with a freak goal. Ross Durrant curled the ball into the box, where it evaded both attack and defence and spun off the ground and looped into the goal.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
The first goal at the start of the second half was crucial and it went to United. Brown played a superb diagonal ball across to Danny McKail, who finished brilliantly across Parsons into the bottom corner.
Brown was then denied by an excellent save from Parsons. Cromer came very close to pulling a goal back when Eves' shot came back off the post. John Carrier fired straight at Lloyd before Town scored. Harwood's free-kick found its way into the goal after a couple of deflections and the ball went under the diving Lloyd. Blofield added a fourth when Brown ran past the Cromer defence with ease.
Cromer Reserves lost at home to Caister Reserves, 2-1 (Ben Sharman).