Norfolk-born cricket legend Henry Blofeld to bring his one-man show to Holt
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
One of Britain's best loved sports commentators will be bringing his wit and wisdom to the Auden Theatre, Holt, on June 17.
Affectionately known as 'Blowers', Norfolk-born Henry Blofeld is best known as a cricket commentator on BBC Radio 4's Test Match Special, which he joined as a presenter in 1972 after working as a freelance writer for newspapers including The Guardian, The Times and the Sunday Express.
He has written 15 books on cricket, and, since 2002, has toured the country, both with his one-man show, and with his Test Match Special friend and collegue Peter Baxter.
Now 78, he retired from commentating last year, but continues to delight audiences with his tongue-in-cheek show, which sees him veer from cricket, to subjects including intergalactic travel, horticulture and mountaineering.
Henry Blofeld will be appearing at the Auden Theatre, Holt, at 3pm on June 17. Tickets, priced £22, are available from the box office on 01263 713444 or from www.audentheatre.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 5 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 9 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country