Cricket focus on Alliance
Cromer leapt up to third in the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division with a six-wicket triumph over Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers at Barton Turf.Kieron Tuck (63) led the visitors towards victory after Will Stebbings (81) had top-scored for Wanderers.
Cromer leapt up to third in the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division with a six-wicket triumph over Norwich & Coltishall Wanderers at Barton Turf.
Kieron Tuck (63) led the visitors towards victory after Will Stebbings (81) had top-scored for Wanderers.
Cromer responded to Wanderers' 214 for nine with 217 for four.
In Division One, Bradfield (245 for nine) beat Topcroft (244 for six) while Beccles moved off the bottom with a maximum-points 87-run win against Sheringham. Beccles made 227 for eight, Jez Wright four for 47, Sheringham bowled out for 140.
In Division Three, Ashmanhaugh (166) suffered an eight-wicket defeat at Great Witchingham A (167 for two).
In Division Four, Aldborough (188 for five) lost to Gt Melton (189 for three), while Division Five leaders Cromer A (180 for two) beat N&CW A (176 for nine).
- 1 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 2 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 3 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 4 Norfolk woman wins national science teaching award
- 5 Popular 'cheese with no name' finally gets a name
- 6 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 7 Broads bridge in north Norfolk to close this year for roadworks
- 8 'One in a million' town haberdasher dies at 80
- 9 Sheringham artists preparing for fourth exhibition together
- 10 Local mental health charity opening community hub in Aylsham
In Division Six, new leaders Bradfield A swept to a 144-run win against Topcroft A. Sam Kimber hit 86no in Bradfield's 257 for five, and Nick Hewetson claimed six for 10 as Topcroft faded to 113.
In Norfolk League Division Two, Aylsham won but Happisburgh and Overstrand suffered defeats.