Crabs have chance to be giant-killers
Cromer Town go into tomorrow night's (Friday) Norfolk Senior Cup tie at Wroxham (7.45pm) four points clear at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division after Saturday's 4-0 home win over Acle.
Wroxham lost ground in the chase for the Ridgeons League championship at the weekend after surprisngly being held to a 2-2 home draw by bottom club Brantham, which might give the Crabs hopes of a major upset in the battle for quarter- final places.
North Walsham entertain Ridgeons Premier Norwich United in the Senior Cup on Saturday (3pm).
In the Combination at the weekend, Sheringham drew their home Premier Division match with Wroxham Reserves 0-0. That leaves the Yachtsmen fifth and Sheringham eighth.
In Division One, Reepham are fifth after their 3-1 win at Bradenham, one place and one point better off than Holt, who lost 1-0 at home to leaders Wells.
You may also want to watch:
Stalham, fourth from bottom, had a welcome 2-0 win at high-flyers Long Stratton.
In Division Three, Aylsham are second, one point adrift of Harleston having played a game more, after a 1-1 home draw with Swaffham Reserves.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
Cromer Reserves, sixth from bottom, lost 2-0 at fourth-placed Newton Flotman.
In Division Four, Hoveton Wherrymen, in third spot, won 4-1 at Spixworth Reserves.
Buxton in Division Five lost 7-4 at home to Mulbarton while Reepham Reserves won 2-0 against visitors Brandon Reserves and Stalham Reserves drew 1-1 at home to Redgrave.
In Division Six, Aylsham Reserves won 3-0 at Scole Reserves and are second on goal difference.
Holt Reserves won 8-1 at Thorpe Village Reserves and are fourth, three points off the joint leaders with two games in hand.