County tennis week for Cromer
Cromer Tennis Club plays host to the Aegon Summer County Cup, better known as County Week, starting on Monday.The club is again hosting Men's Group Two and another superb week of tennis is expected at the coastal club.
Cromer Tennis Club plays host to the Aegon Summer County Cup, better known as County Week, starting on Monday.
The club is again hosting Men's Group Two and another superb week of tennis is expected at the coastal club.
Following promotion last year from Group Three, Norfolk are hoping to benefit from both familiar surroundings and strong local support.
Named in the Norfolk squad are former British top 10 player James Auckland, former British top 20 ranked Nick Crawley and British No 12, Richard Bloomfield, following his run to the semi-finals in Rhode Island last week.
You may also want to watch:
It is envisaged that Bloomfield will rise to possibly top five now and it is a terrific opportunity for tennis fans in this area to see a top player on his favoured surface.
Other counties to appear at Cromer this year are Yorkshire, East of Scotland, Sussex, Dorset and Derbyshire.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 7 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
Other top players to look out for will be Wimbledon regular and Jamie Murray's partner, Jonny Marray and former British top 20 players Tom Rushby and Richard Irwin.
So it's a great chance to go along and support your county team in their efforts to reach the elite of Group One.
Play will start at 11am on Monday and 10.30am from Tuesday to Friday. Entry is free and refreshments are served all day.
For further details on the event, ring Danny Holdom on 01263 513741.