County tennis week for Cromer
Cromer Tennis Club plays host to the Aegon Summer County Cup, better known as County Week, starting on Monday.The club is again hosting Men's Group Two and another superb week of tennis is expected at the coastal club.
Cromer Tennis Club plays host to the Aegon Summer County Cup, better known as County Week, starting on Monday.
The club is again hosting Men's Group Two and another superb week of tennis is expected at the coastal club.
Following promotion last year from Group Three, Norfolk are hoping to benefit from both familiar surroundings and strong local support.
Named in the Norfolk squad are former British top 10 player James Auckland, former British top 20 ranked Nick Crawley and British No 12, Richard Bloomfield, following his run to the semi-finals in Rhode Island last week.
It is envisaged that Bloomfield will rise to possibly top five now and it is a terrific opportunity for tennis fans in this area to see a top player on his favoured surface.
Other counties to appear at Cromer this year are Yorkshire, East of Scotland, Sussex, Dorset and Derbyshire.
- 1 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 2 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 3 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 4 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 5 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 6 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 7 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 8 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 9 Bird watchers set to flock to Norfolk quarry after rare bee-eaters spotted
- 10 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
Other top players to look out for will be Wimbledon regular and Jamie Murray's partner, Jonny Marray and former British top 20 players Tom Rushby and Richard Irwin.
So it's a great chance to go along and support your county team in their efforts to reach the elite of Group One.
Play will start at 11am on Monday and 10.30am from Tuesday to Friday. Entry is free and refreshments are served all day.
For further details on the event, ring Danny Holdom on 01263 513741.