Close finishes in cricket league
WEEK one of the North Walsham Indoor Cricket League saw some exciting games and close finishes.First up Happisburgh I took on Aldborough I in the 9.30am game.
WEEK one of the North Walsham Indoor Cricket League saw some exciting games and close finishes.
First up Happisburgh I took on Aldborough I in the 9.30am game. Winning the toss Aldborough batted first and found the going tough making 89 with only Ash (25) and Board (24) putting up resistance.
In reply Happisburgh suffered a bad start when Wilson fell for nought in the first over, Raven (21) and Jeary (23) steadied the ship but Happisburgh needed two runs from the last ball, Stringer managed to scurry through and secure Happisburgh I's first win.
In the 10.30am game Happisburgh II struggled with just five players. Bradfield batting first knocked up a confident 126 with Bidwell making a good 50. In reply Happisburgh II struggled losing Woolston and Huckle early on and were all out for just 73.
You may also want to watch:
The result between Aldborough II and Sheringham remains unclear due to score sheets not being fully completed. The 12.30pm game saw new boys UEA take on the formidable Cromer team. The new UEA side performed well though bowling Cromer out for 103 and reaching their target to win by two wickets.
The North Walsham Indoor League is generously supported by North Walsham Scaffolding.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer