Close finishes in cricket league
WEEK one of the North Walsham Indoor Cricket League saw some exciting games and close finishes.First up Happisburgh I took on Aldborough I in the 9.30am game.
WEEK one of the North Walsham Indoor Cricket League saw some exciting games and close finishes.
First up Happisburgh I took on Aldborough I in the 9.30am game. Winning the toss Aldborough batted first and found the going tough making 89 with only Ash (25) and Board (24) putting up resistance.
In reply Happisburgh suffered a bad start when Wilson fell for nought in the first over, Raven (21) and Jeary (23) steadied the ship but Happisburgh needed two runs from the last ball, Stringer managed to scurry through and secure Happisburgh I's first win.
In the 10.30am game Happisburgh II struggled with just five players. Bradfield batting first knocked up a confident 126 with Bidwell making a good 50. In reply Happisburgh II struggled losing Woolston and Huckle early on and were all out for just 73.
The result between Aldborough II and Sheringham remains unclear due to score sheets not being fully completed. The 12.30pm game saw new boys UEA take on the formidable Cromer team. The new UEA side performed well though bowling Cromer out for 103 and reaching their target to win by two wickets.
The North Walsham Indoor League is generously supported by North Walsham Scaffolding.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Norfolk coastal trek named among best UK pub walks
- 8 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74
- 9 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk