Clark proves speediest
North Norfolk Wheelers met at Hanworth to take part in a 10-mile time trial. Jack Clark, fresh from taking part in a junior national time trial, led the field in an excellent time of 24: 48.
North Norfolk Wheelers met at Hanworth to take part in a 10-mile time trial.
Jack Clark, fresh from taking part in a junior national time trial, led the field in an excellent time of 24: 48.
It also proved lucky for Alisdair Mckenzie who came in first on handicap, the event probably proving easier than his charity ride around Norfolk's churches the previous week.
Laurence Wright, a new member of the Wheelers was taking part in his first-ever time trial but he obviously keeps fit as a member of the Beach Runners as he put in an excellent time of just 26:33 - a contestant to look for next season if this is just the start of his time trialling!
Thanks to the hard work of the marshals in ensuring the route is well marked and the event very well organized all 13 cyclists enjoyed another safe morning's time trialling.
Actual Times: Clark 24:48, Platts 25:02, Etheridge 25:28, Rush 25:50, Knowles 25:56, L Wright 26:33, Griffiths 26:40, Rivett 26:57, Newson 27:02 (PB), McKenzie 27:04(PB), Brown 27:32(PB), B Wright 27:52, Thorold 28:39.
- 1 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed
- 2 Bar and restaurant could open in old coach house
- 3 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 4 'Something a bit different' - Tex-Mex shack spices up seaside town
- 5 Three people injured after Land Rover and lorry crash on the A140
- 6 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 7 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 8 Missing north Norfolk woman found safe and well in Leeds
- 9 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 10 Norfolk beaches named among best for winter walks in UK
Handicapped Times: McKenzie 19:57, Newson 20:53, Brown 21:49, Platts 22:19, Etheridge 22:25, Rivett 22:37, Knowles 22:42, Thorold 22:42, Clark 22:45, Griffiths 23:06, B Wright 23:58.