Callum strikes gold for England
North Walsham High School pupil Callum Brown, 15, struck gold at the weekend.He not only represented Norfolk Schools at the weekend, but he was representing England in the Home Countries International Championships at Scotstoun stadium in Glasgow.
North Walsham High School pupil Callum Brown, 15, struck gold at the weekend.
He not only represented Norfolk Schools at the weekend, but he was representing England in the Home Countries International Championships at Scotstoun stadium in Glasgow.
He represented his country following success at the English Schools Championships the previous week.
Low temperatures, high winds and rain tested the resilience of the young sports ambassadors.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing the 'converted national' vest for the first time, Callum led the hammer from the outset with a fantastic series of throws.
With a best of 62.83m in round two, Callum ensured the competition was his, when his nearest rival's final throw ended with the hammer burying itself into the netting on the hammer cage.
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'We sold one book' - Bookshop owners on a year of highs and lows
- 3 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 4 £2m for 62 new homes as council boss calls residential care a 'last resort'
- 5 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 6 Craft exhibition moves after losing its home to new bakery
- 7 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 8 Memorial to victims of Covid-19 unveiled
- 9 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
A respectful, yet appreciative, smile on Callum's face indicated the gold medal would be going home with him to Norfolk.