Cairnish leads the way as Stalham Town get back to winning ways
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Stalham Town put a disappointing run of form behind them with an excellent 3-2 win at Waveney in the Premier Division of the Anglian Combination.
A hat-trick from Daniel Cairnish gave Stalham the points as they picked up a first win in five, while Ritchie High and Tom Sampson got the goals for the home side.
Having got their campaign back on track Town will now be looking for more away success on Saturday when they vist Long Stratton.
In Division One Aylsham slid to a disappointing home defeat when they lost 3-0 to UEA, for whom Brian Swift (2) and Tyrell Benjamin were on target.
It was another tough day from Cromer Town who suffered their fifth comprehensive defeat this season in league and cup when they went down 7-1 to Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves at Walmer Road.
You may also want to watch:
The Royals got their second win of the season thanks to hat-tricks from Kyle Baker and Brad Carroll and another from Kaiden Goldspink.
The only consolation for the Crabs, who were beaten 10-1 at home by Caister in the Norfolk Senior Cup the previous week, was a goal from Gil Beneto.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 4 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 5 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 8 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
Leaders Sheringham and seventh placed North Walsham were both without games but resume their Division One campaigns on Saturday. The Shannocks host a Yelverton side still looking for their first league win since promotion while Walsham visit the UEA.
Elsewhere Cromer are at home to Attleborough Town and Aylsham play host to Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves.
Holt United moved into the next round of the Cyril Ballyn Cup on Friday evening when they beat visitors Easton 4-0, with Lloyd Briggs, Craig Knowles, Aaeron Moss and Ben Burch on target, It was an excellent result for the Owls, who had lost 6-1 at home to the same opposition in their previous Divcision Two fixture.
On Saturday they are at home to East Harling.
There was a reduced senior programme in the league with the Anglian Combination representative squad taking centre stage. This year's campaign began and ended in the first round as the Amateur Combination ran out 5-0 winners at the FDC. Two goals from Craig Jones as well as strikes from Emanuel Shoderu, Stuart Holt and an own goal saw the visitors lead 5-0 at half-time before seeing the game out.