Busy week of action in North Norfolk Tennis League
- Credit: EDPpics 2003 (01603) 772434
Cromer Bad Bouncers host North Elmham in the North Norfolk League on the grass courts.
John Williams and Bill Syrett could not contain the experienced Elmham pair of Les Digby and Andrew Parsons, losing 6-4, 6-1
Kate Gale and Alison Dunnett also went down against Janet Boldeston and Lesley Simkins 6-1, 6-1.
In the mixed matches John and Alison lost 6-1, 6-1 while Kate and Bill lost 6-2, 7-5 as Cromer went down 8-0.
Aylsham Tractors played Taverham at home and overwhelmed them 8-0 while Merry Merlots took on fellow Cromer team Bad Bouncers.
You may also want to watch:
Barry Foulser and Stuart Jardine outplayed John Williams and Chris Moore in their first set but had to fight off a strong comeback in the second set to take it 7-5.
Nikki Baker and Sandra Foulser took both their sets against Jean Spruce and Alison Dunnet 6-4, 6-3.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 5 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 9 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 10 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
In the mixed matches, Nikki and Stuart drew against Jean and John 4-6, 6-2 and Sandra and Barry drew against Alison and Chris 6-4, 4-6. Merlots claimed a well deserved win and are making a strong challenge this season.
Bad Bounces bounced back against Cromer Baseliners in their next match taking five of eight sets to clinch the win.
Aylsham Tractors played North Elmham next and took a convincing 6-2 win.
Merry Merlots became the next victims of the Tractors who completely overwhelmed them.
The Cromer team consisted of two couples, the Banners and the Foulser's. With Barry Foulser partnered with Debbie Banner in the mixed and Steve Banner partnered with Sandra Foulser, married strife was avoided but this did not prevent the Tractors from running them down 8-0.
In the City League Cromer D Ladies played a strong Virgin A team who romped home 56 games to the eight.
Cromer A welcomed Brooke A. Val Woodhouse and Belinda Cammell drew their first match and then did the same in their second. Mary Ogden and Jenny Coady won 13-3 and 10-6 as Cromer took the match 39-25.
Cromer A men played Taverham in a close encounter. Tom Fisher and Marcus Meadows took their first match 10-6 and the second 12-4. Richard Keeble and Matt Broughton lost their first match 6-10 and their second 7-9. The team had gained enough games to bring home the victory 35-29.