Bradfield trophy success
BRADFIELD of Alliance One beat Premier side Topcroft on Saturday at Horsford in the final of the Lady Mary Trophy by six wickets.In a game reduced to 36 overs a side Bradfield skipper Yarham had no hesitation in asking Topcroft to bat first.
BRADFIELD of Alliance One beat Premier side Topcroft on Saturday at Horsford in the final of the Lady Mary Trophy by six wickets.
In a game reduced to 36 overs a side Bradfield skipper Yarham had no hesitation in asking Topcroft to bat first. R Holmes
(2-6 off eight overs) and E Locke bowled tight first spells and a Bidewell run-out had Topcroft struggling on 38-3 after 15 overs.
Skipper Shipley and opener I Todd took Topcroft to 60-3 after 20 overs then Abbs replaced Locke and bowled a good spell into the strong wind, picking up the wicket of Shipley, who was well caught by J Grey.
You may also want to watch:
The game changed dramatically with the introduction of Robinson. In his first over he removed the dangerous Goodfellow's off-stump for nought then in his next over opener Todd went the same way for a top score of 35. Topcroft were reeling at 64-6 and it was soon 70-7 when Grapes ran out Davey. The last three Topcroft batsmen could not cope with the pace of Robinson as he clean bowled two and had the last man lbw. Topcroft were all out for 73, losing their last seven wickets for 13 runs and Robinson returning the remarkable figures off of 3.5 overs of 5-7 which earned him the man-of-the-match award.
With more rain threatening Bradfield sent in pinch-hitter Reynolds with Grapes and they got Bradfield off to a flying start with 22 runs in the opening four overs. Reynolds was caught for 14.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 7 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
Then Abbs and Grapes moved the score to 48 before Grapes was bowled by D Todd for 17. Bidewell joined Abbs and when Abbs was caught at the wicket for 21 only 13 more runs were required. R Holmes was run out for four and as the rain started again Bidewell hit the first two balls off the 19th over for four to seal victory for Bradfield.
This completed a very good season for Bradfield after securing their Division One status two weeks ago.
Credo Asset finance MoM: A Robinson.