Bradfield's Sunday best
BRADFIELD Sunday travelled to UEA to play Chapelfield in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League and won by 45 runs.Batting first, Bradfield found that the uncut outfield led to boundaries being hard to come by.
BRADFIELD Sunday travelled to UEA to play Chapelfield in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League and won by 45 runs.
Batting first, Bradfield found that the uncut outfield led to boundaries being hard to come by.
Openers S Kimber (4) and Grapes (9) fell early, and were soon followed by Pinkham (1), to leave Bradfield in trouble at 18-3.
However, the experienced Yarham (36) and Abbs (19) built a steady partnership of 72, based on quick running between the wickets.
You may also want to watch:
O Kimber (20) and R Holmes (13 not out) made useful contributions down the order before Bradfield were bowled out for 143.
Opening bowlers Patrickson (4-25) and Abbs (3-19) then ripped through Chapelfield's top order, taking three wickets each in their opening spells.
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
Yarham and Holmes picked up one wicket apiece, while only Bewley (45) showed any resistance.
Patrickson returned to claim his fourth victim before Wheeler took the final wicket as Chapelfield were bowled out for 98.