Bradfield's Sunday best
BRADFIELD Sunday travelled to UEA to play Chapelfield in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League and won by 45 runs.Batting first, Bradfield found that the uncut outfield led to boundaries being hard to come by.
BRADFIELD Sunday travelled to UEA to play Chapelfield in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League and won by 45 runs.
Batting first, Bradfield found that the uncut outfield led to boundaries being hard to come by.
Openers S Kimber (4) and Grapes (9) fell early, and were soon followed by Pinkham (1), to leave Bradfield in trouble at 18-3.
However, the experienced Yarham (36) and Abbs (19) built a steady partnership of 72, based on quick running between the wickets.
You may also want to watch:
O Kimber (20) and R Holmes (13 not out) made useful contributions down the order before Bradfield were bowled out for 143.
Opening bowlers Patrickson (4-25) and Abbs (3-19) then ripped through Chapelfield's top order, taking three wickets each in their opening spells.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 5 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 6 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
Yarham and Holmes picked up one wicket apiece, while only Bewley (45) showed any resistance.
Patrickson returned to claim his fourth victim before Wheeler took the final wicket as Chapelfield were bowled out for 98.