Bradfield's Sunday best
BRADFIELD Sunday travelled to UEA to play Chapelfield in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League and won by 45 runs.Batting first, Bradfield found that the uncut outfield led to boundaries being hard to come by.
BRADFIELD Sunday travelled to UEA to play Chapelfield in the Mid Norfolk Sunday League and won by 45 runs.
Batting first, Bradfield found that the uncut outfield led to boundaries being hard to come by.
Openers S Kimber (4) and Grapes (9) fell early, and were soon followed by Pinkham (1), to leave Bradfield in trouble at 18-3.
However, the experienced Yarham (36) and Abbs (19) built a steady partnership of 72, based on quick running between the wickets.
You may also want to watch:
O Kimber (20) and R Holmes (13 not out) made useful contributions down the order before Bradfield were bowled out for 143.
Opening bowlers Patrickson (4-25) and Abbs (3-19) then ripped through Chapelfield's top order, taking three wickets each in their opening spells.
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 5 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
- 6 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Trees down and power cuts as winds batter Norfolk
- 9 Tribute to 'incredible' former teacher, campaigner and volunteer
- 10 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
Yarham and Holmes picked up one wicket apiece, while only Bewley (45) showed any resistance.
Patrickson returned to claim his fourth victim before Wheeler took the final wicket as Chapelfield were bowled out for 98.