Bradfield into final
ON Sunday Bradfield entertained Stow in the semi-finals of the Lady Mary Trophy and ran out winners of a close game by two wickets. Bradfield Skipper Yarham won the toss and inserted Stow on a wicket which would assist the bowlers.
ON Sunday Bradfield entertained Stow in the semi-finals of the Lady Mary Trophy and ran out winners of a close game by two wickets.
Bradfield Skipper Yarham won the toss and inserted Stow on a wicket which would assist the bowlers. Bradfield made the perfect start R Holmes bowling opener Cutworth first ball.
It soon became 10-2 as he repeated the feat on the other opener. Wickets began to tumble as skipper Yarham replaced Holmes and bowled his nine overs for only eight runs taking two wickets. Abbs replaced Locke at the other end and picked up the prize wicket of Stow captain Landymore for a top score of 40.
On a wicket which was turning square Wiseman replaced Yarham at the pavilion end and bowled an excellent spell, picking up 3-29 from his eight overs.
You may also want to watch:
Opening bowler Holmes returned to take another wicket before having to leave the field with an injury.
Reynolds took over for the last 1.5 overs and picked up a wicket as the Stow innings closed on 140 all out.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
Bradfields reply got off to a slow start, losing Kimber in the third over and having to see off an excellent opening spell from Zimbabwean Mahwire. Holmes and Wiseman moved the score to 37 before Holmes was caught for 17.
Bidewell joined Wiseman and just as they started to get on top of the bowling Wiseman was caught and bowled for an excellent 35.
Abbs, Reynolds and Yarham went cheaply to leave Bradfield struggling on 92-6.
Bradfield needed a partnership to get back on track and it duly arrived when Locke joined Bidewell and the pair put on 35 to take Bradfield to within 13 runs of the Stow total.
Locke was adjudged lbw for a valued 12 runs.
Bradfield suffered a late scare when Grey was brilliantly caught but Bidewell and Scannell saw Bradfield home with three overs to spare, Bidewell finishing unbeaten on 49.
Credo Asset Finance man of the match: Carl Wiseman.