Bradfield hit top form
BRADFIELD travelled to Diss on Saturday and produced on the their best Norfolk Alliance Division One performances of the season to beat the side which sits second in the table.
BRADFIELD travelled to Diss on Saturday and produced on the their
best Norfolk Alliance Division One performances of the season to beat the side which sits second in the table.
It was due to rain in the morning and the game was played on another strip which had little preparation with a very uneven bounce.
Skipper Yarham won the toss and chose to bowl.
Bradfield made an early breakthrough when Locke bowled opener Brown for nought.
A stand of 55 between Wilby and Cooper was broken when Yarham had Cooper caught for 42. Wilby was next to go for 33, caught at the wicket by O Kimber off a ball that stood up from Yarham.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 5 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 9 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
The ball was bouncing and turning from Yarham as he made it hard for the Diss batsman. He was backed up by Abbs and Robinson at the other end.
When the fourth wicket fell at 135 Diss still had 11 overs to go.
Yarham claimed his fourth wicket when he had R Tooke caught and bowled for 25 and with four overs to go Diss were 185-5.
Then a heavy downpour stopped play for an hour after which Diss skipper O Tooke declared the innings, which left Bradfield having to score 186
off 50 overs to win.
The pick of the Bradfield bowlers was D Yarham with figures of 4-38.
E Locke picked up the only other wicket to fall, taking 1-21 from five overs.
Bradfield knew they had to graft hard on a wicket which was deteriorating all the time and their reply got off to a bad start as Grapes was bowled in the second over for nought.
With Wiseman injured from getting hit on the wrist on the rough outfield, Abbs joined Kimber and they moved the score to 60 before Abbs was caught at square leg for 17.
Bidewell and Kimber moved the score to 95 before Kimber fell
lbw to the impressive offspin of Cooper. Kimber showed great application in top scoring with 43 off 33 overs.
Spinners Cooper and Tooke bowled in tandem 26 overs between them, Cooper finishing with 1-15 from 13 overs.
Grey joined Bidewell and they moved the score to 125 in the 39th over before Bidwell was well caught on the long boundary for 36 from 24 overs. This left Bradfield needing 60 to win in their remaining 11 overs.
Grey was out three overs later for an excellent 19. With
Yarham, Reynolds and Locke
all contributing with some hard hitting, Bradfield needed six to win off seven balls.
Yarham hit Wilby for six to see Bradfield home with one over to spare. Yarham finished on 31 and Locke on eight.
Bradfield collected 21 points and Diss seven points. Credo Asset Finance MoM: O Kimber.