Bradfield celebrate 125 years of cricket
BRADFIELD Cricket Club have celebrated their 125th anniversary.A good gathering of past and present members enjoyed a fine afternoon of cricket and saw club chairman Robin Hewetson re-open the club score box in memory of club stalwart Reg Gee.
BRADFIELD Cricket Club have celebrated their 125th anniversary.
A good gathering of past and present members enjoyed a fine afternoon of cricket and saw club chairman Robin Hewetson re-open the club score box in memory of club stalwart Reg Gee.
The scores were as follows: Select eleven 246-4dec, Geoff Roff 87, David Hale 54, David Turner 52 not out. Bradfield 247-7, Steve Bidewell 80, Peter Abbs 61 not out.
Bradfield won with one ball to spare when a dynamic display of hitting by Peter Abbs saw Bradfield score 60 runs in the final five overs to win the match.
You may also want to watch:
The club would like to thank all the helpers who made the day a success, along with umpires Craske and Sadler, as well as head groundsman Wright.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?