Bradfield celebrate 125 years of cricket
BRADFIELD Cricket Club have celebrated their 125th anniversary.A good gathering of past and present members enjoyed a fine afternoon of cricket and saw club chairman Robin Hewetson re-open the club score box in memory of club stalwart Reg Gee.
BRADFIELD Cricket Club have celebrated their 125th anniversary.
A good gathering of past and present members enjoyed a fine afternoon of cricket and saw club chairman Robin Hewetson re-open the club score box in memory of club stalwart Reg Gee.
The scores were as follows: Select eleven 246-4dec, Geoff Roff 87, David Hale 54, David Turner 52 not out. Bradfield 247-7, Steve Bidewell 80, Peter Abbs 61 not out.
Bradfield won with one ball to spare when a dynamic display of hitting by Peter Abbs saw Bradfield score 60 runs in the final five overs to win the match.
The club would like to thank all the helpers who made the day a success, along with umpires Craske and Sadler, as well as head groundsman Wright.
- 1 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 'A great escape' - How a Norfolk webcam helped a Canadian couple endure lockdown
- 4 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 5 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 6 New places for Mammoth Marathon to be released
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 8 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 9 Ice cream shop introduces vegan and dog options due to 'massive demand'
- 10 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK