Bradfield celebrate 125 years of cricket
BRADFIELD Cricket Club have celebrated their 125th anniversary.A good gathering of past and present members enjoyed a fine afternoon of cricket and saw club chairman Robin Hewetson re-open the club score box in memory of club stalwart Reg Gee.
BRADFIELD Cricket Club have celebrated their 125th anniversary.
A good gathering of past and present members enjoyed a fine afternoon of cricket and saw club chairman Robin Hewetson re-open the club score box in memory of club stalwart Reg Gee.
The scores were as follows: Select eleven 246-4dec, Geoff Roff 87, David Hale 54, David Turner 52 not out. Bradfield 247-7, Steve Bidewell 80, Peter Abbs 61 not out.
Bradfield won with one ball to spare when a dynamic display of hitting by Peter Abbs saw Bradfield score 60 runs in the final five overs to win the match.
You may also want to watch:
The club would like to thank all the helpers who made the day a success, along with umpires Craske and Sadler, as well as head groundsman Wright.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 10 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier