Bradfield bat-tle well
BRADFIELD visited Brooke on Saturday and came away with 17 points from a hard-fought winning draw In Norfolk Alliance Division One.Bradfield were put into bat on a hard, fast wicket and got off to a good start with Wiseman and Abbs putting on 51.
BRADFIELD visited Brooke on Saturday and came away with 17 points from a hard-fought winning draw In Norfolk Alliance Division One.
Bradfield were put into bat on a hard, fast wicket and got off to a good start with Wiseman and Abbs putting on 51. Abbs out caught behind for 26, Wiseman followed shortly afterwards adjudged lbw for 22.
Bidewell and O Kimber moved the score to 96 before Kimber fell lbw for the third time this season. Australian R Holmes was then unluckily run out for 13 and two more wickets quickly followed to leave Bradfield on 165-7.
Knowing they needed at least 200 on this wicket it was left to Bidewell to bat through the innings and he was finally out off the first ball of the final over for an excellent 92.
Some hard hitting by A Robinson in the last over saw Bradfield reach their biggest score of the season, 217-8.
Bradfield soon reduced Brooke to 20-2, R Holmes taking a liking to the fast wicket and sending both openers back to the pavilion. Brooke's Australian Parikh and their captain R Panter brought them back into the match at 77 before skipper Yarham had Parikh well caught at the wicket by Kimber.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 4 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 5 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 6 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 7 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 8 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 9 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 10 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable
At the other end E Looke was bowling a tight containing spell which made runs hard to come by. Locke finished with excellent figures of 12-3-26-1.
Panter was picked up by R Holmes in his second spell for 45, a good catch by Robinson on the boundary, and Brooke required 23 off the last three overs for 90 per cent and three more points. Good bowling from R Holmes and A Robinson prevented this and they closed on 179-7.
R Holmes finished with 4-44 from his 12 overs and Yarham 2-38 from his 12.
This was a much improved performance and Bradfield will look for more of the same when they host Diss on Saturday.
Credo Asset Finance man of the match was S Bidewell.