Big win takes North Walsham Raiders up to second
- Credit: Archant
A 41-9 win over Swaffham at Scottow on Saturday propelled North Walsham Raiders back to second in the table.
Swaffham took an early lead with a penalty but the Raiders hit back when Tom Coller took a lineout catch and the drive ended with Will Haynes claiming the try.
A penalty from Ted Morgan stretched the lead but two successful penalties by Ed Jones put Swaffham back in front.
This served as a wake-up call and replica of the first catch and drive ended in the same way, Haynes making the touchdown. New scrum-half Lee Thomson then looped round for his debut try and an 18-9 lead at the break.
In the second half there were further tries for Morgan, Henry Hunt and Will Minchin, with Morgan slotting over a couple of penalties and Minchin a conversion.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham Warriors lost to Wymondham II 24-27 (Sam Flanagan 2, Greg Wills and George Masdin).
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 10 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK