Big win takes North Walsham Raiders up to second
- Credit: Archant
A 41-9 win over Swaffham at Scottow on Saturday propelled North Walsham Raiders back to second in the table.
Swaffham took an early lead with a penalty but the Raiders hit back when Tom Coller took a lineout catch and the drive ended with Will Haynes claiming the try.
A penalty from Ted Morgan stretched the lead but two successful penalties by Ed Jones put Swaffham back in front.
This served as a wake-up call and replica of the first catch and drive ended in the same way, Haynes making the touchdown. New scrum-half Lee Thomson then looped round for his debut try and an 18-9 lead at the break.
In the second half there were further tries for Morgan, Henry Hunt and Will Minchin, with Morgan slotting over a couple of penalties and Minchin a conversion.
You may also want to watch:
North Walsham Warriors lost to Wymondham II 24-27 (Sam Flanagan 2, Greg Wills and George Masdin).
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 8 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches