Beach Runners well represented at Easton College
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk Beach Runners had 28 starters in the Valentine 10k race organised by Norfolk Gazelles.
Beginning and ending at Easton College, the course saw several outstanding performances, with Neil Adams ninth overall in 35.50 and Chris Merrylees 13th in 36.55.
Hard on their heels came Tony Whitmond, first in the 45-49 age group in 36.57, and Richard Price-Thomas, running in club colours for the first time in a decade and being first home among the 55-59s in 38.28. With Phil Hurr senior first home among the 60-64s in 39.11 they picking up the vet silver team medal.
Charlotte Neale was the third woman home in a personal best of 39.24 while pbs were also achieved by Josh Dyde and Adam Smart.
The club's septuagenarians showed well in the 65+s, Mike Marshall being seventh home in 1.02.04 and Brenda Kinch,fifth female in 59.36.Club president Noel Sprucecame home in 57.49.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach