Beach Runners travel well
TWO of North Norfolk Beach Runners' star performers have been distinguishing themselves at races outside the county.North Walsham's Steve Jones put in a phenomenal run at the 4,000-strong Oxford 10k to take an amazing seventh place.
TWO of North Norfolk Beach Runners' star performers have been distinguishing themselves at races outside the county.
North Walsham's Steve Jones put in a phenomenal run at the 4,000-strong Oxford 10k to take an amazing seventh place. He set a blistering pace throughout and with a time of 34:20 took the prize for first over 40.
Cromer personal trainer Clare Donovan was also on tremendous form at the Kingston Breakfast Run. In a field of more than 1,500, she finished 31st overall and sixth lady, clocking a remarkable 54:15 for the eight mile plus course.
Malcolm Ball, 76, showed that his comeback from injury is proceeding well as he completed the Brandon Half Marathon in 1-52:55 for 135th place and first over 70.
You may also want to watch:
Two other members of the Cromer club got round the mainly trail course on a very hot morning. Rob Emery clocked 1-44:31 to finish 77th in a field of 256 whilst new member, Dave Spooner, was 89th in 1-46:19.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk