Beach Runners travel well
TWO of North Norfolk Beach Runners' star performers have been distinguishing themselves at races outside the county.North Walsham's Steve Jones put in a phenomenal run at the 4,000-strong Oxford 10k to take an amazing seventh place.
TWO of North Norfolk Beach Runners' star performers have been distinguishing themselves at races outside the county.
North Walsham's Steve Jones put in a phenomenal run at the 4,000-strong Oxford 10k to take an amazing seventh place. He set a blistering pace throughout and with a time of 34:20 took the prize for first over 40.
Cromer personal trainer Clare Donovan was also on tremendous form at the Kingston Breakfast Run. In a field of more than 1,500, she finished 31st overall and sixth lady, clocking a remarkable 54:15 for the eight mile plus course.
Malcolm Ball, 76, showed that his comeback from injury is proceeding well as he completed the Brandon Half Marathon in 1-52:55 for 135th place and first over 70.
You may also want to watch:
Two other members of the Cromer club got round the mainly trail course on a very hot morning. Rob Emery clocked 1-44:31 to finish 77th in a field of 256 whilst new member, Dave Spooner, was 89th in 1-46:19.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 8 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer