Beach Runners makes presence felt in Wroxham
- Credit: GRAHAM CORNEY
Sixty North Norfolk Beach Runners were among 594 who competed in the first race in the Wroxham 5k series.
Outstanding performers included, as usual, Neil Adams, eighth overall but first in the 40-44 category with a time of 16.35
Not far behind, third in the same category, and 25th overall, was Colin Stark in 17.31. The two of them, with Tony Witmond (4th in the 45-49s and 39th overall in 17,59) nailed the vets' team prize.
Chris Parker, meanwhile was 12th in the 17-39s and 20th overall in 17.10.
First female Beach Runner home was Charlotte Neale, fourth in the 17-39s and 73rd overall, while Lisa Oakley was took first place in the 40-44s in 20.37.
You may also want to watch:
The performances of the U-16 North Norfolk Harriers were particularly impressive. Abigail Durand was first U-16 home in 17.48 while Eliska Watling was second. Jamie Stares was first home among the U16s boys in 16.55.
- 1 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 2 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 3 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 4 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 5 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 8 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 9 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 10 Is this the ultimate Norfolk road trip?