Beach Runners makes presence felt in Wroxham
- Credit: GRAHAM CORNEY
Sixty North Norfolk Beach Runners were among 594 who competed in the first race in the Wroxham 5k series.
Outstanding performers included, as usual, Neil Adams, eighth overall but first in the 40-44 category with a time of 16.35
Not far behind, third in the same category, and 25th overall, was Colin Stark in 17.31. The two of them, with Tony Witmond (4th in the 45-49s and 39th overall in 17,59) nailed the vets' team prize.
Chris Parker, meanwhile was 12th in the 17-39s and 20th overall in 17.10.
First female Beach Runner home was Charlotte Neale, fourth in the 17-39s and 73rd overall, while Lisa Oakley was took first place in the 40-44s in 20.37.
You may also want to watch:
The performances of the U-16 North Norfolk Harriers were particularly impressive. Abigail Durand was first U-16 home in 17.48 while Eliska Watling was second. Jamie Stares was first home among the U16s boys in 16.55.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall