Beach Runners makes presence felt in Wroxham
- Credit: GRAHAM CORNEY
Sixty North Norfolk Beach Runners were among 594 who competed in the first race in the Wroxham 5k series.
Outstanding performers included, as usual, Neil Adams, eighth overall but first in the 40-44 category with a time of 16.35
Not far behind, third in the same category, and 25th overall, was Colin Stark in 17.31. The two of them, with Tony Witmond (4th in the 45-49s and 39th overall in 17,59) nailed the vets' team prize.
Chris Parker, meanwhile was 12th in the 17-39s and 20th overall in 17.10.
First female Beach Runner home was Charlotte Neale, fourth in the 17-39s and 73rd overall, while Lisa Oakley was took first place in the 40-44s in 20.37.
You may also want to watch:
The performances of the U-16 North Norfolk Harriers were particularly impressive. Abigail Durand was first U-16 home in 17.48 while Eliska Watling was second. Jamie Stares was first home among the U16s boys in 16.55.
- 1 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 2 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 3 'Hugely disappointed': Reaction to Tier 2 Covid restrictions for Norfolk
- 4 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 5 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 9 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 10 'People will be disappointed' : North Norfolk reacts to new tier 2 restrictions