Beach Runner John impresses at Yarmouth
Lashing rain and strong winds failed to put off a strong field of runners for the first race in Great Yarmouth's 5 Mile Series which attracted more than 160 runners.
Five North Norfolk Beach Runners were amongst the field with John Christopher comfortably the first home in a good time of 33:21 for 31st place. He was obviously well recovered from his excellent run at the Brighton Marathon just 10 days earlier.
Next across the line were Rob and Andi Osborne, Rob clocking 40:14 for 99th place with wife Andi just over a minute back.
Ian Jarvis, one of the Cromer club's keenest race runners, battled with the poor conditions to record 46:21 for two laps of the windswept seafront and Shelley Burton, who had also had a great run at Brighton, was three seconds behind Ian in 143rd place.
Beach Runner Dave Spooner produced a monumental effort to finish last weekend's Virgin London Marathon in 3-38:52 but failed to get a mention either in the official race results or in last week's North Norfolk News. Dave's official timing chip did not work and so his 26.2 mile run went unrecorded until he alerted the race organisers to the problem.
You may also want to watch:
Happily the club can now congratulate Dave on being the sixth North Norfolk Beach Runner to complete this year's race.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 5 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'