Beach Runner John impresses at Yarmouth
Lashing rain and strong winds failed to put off a strong field of runners for the first race in Great Yarmouth's 5 Mile Series which attracted more than 160 runners.
Five North Norfolk Beach Runners were amongst the field with John Christopher comfortably the first home in a good time of 33:21 for 31st place. He was obviously well recovered from his excellent run at the Brighton Marathon just 10 days earlier.
Next across the line were Rob and Andi Osborne, Rob clocking 40:14 for 99th place with wife Andi just over a minute back.
Ian Jarvis, one of the Cromer club's keenest race runners, battled with the poor conditions to record 46:21 for two laps of the windswept seafront and Shelley Burton, who had also had a great run at Brighton, was three seconds behind Ian in 143rd place.
Beach Runner Dave Spooner produced a monumental effort to finish last weekend's Virgin London Marathon in 3-38:52 but failed to get a mention either in the official race results or in last week's North Norfolk News. Dave's official timing chip did not work and so his 26.2 mile run went unrecorded until he alerted the race organisers to the problem.
You may also want to watch:
Happily the club can now congratulate Dave on being the sixth North Norfolk Beach Runner to complete this year's race.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer