Battling Trimingham Pilgrims give leaders a tough game
- Credit: Archant
Trimingham Pilgrims entertained league leaders Sprowston Wanderers expecting a tough test.
The visitors looked dangerous in the early stages although when they took the lead in the 15th minute it was just as Pilgrims were beginning to settle.
After this goal Pilgrims got into their rhythm and were not overawed by their opponents and the match became a stalemate, with neither side able to create any clear-cut chances.
As the dying minutes approached Sprowston were awarded a penalty that the hosts felt was harsh but this was brilliantly saved by home keeper Leigh Brown and it finished 1-0.
Sprowston are now odds on for the title but Pilgrims must keep battling for runners-up spot.
Cricket: All members, senior and youth and their parents/carers are invited to attend an EGM of Bradfield Cricket Cluv which will be held at Trunch Social Club on Monday February 20 (7pm).
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 10 'Covid didn't kill off our creativity' - Man, 73, releases Christmas song with puppets