Battling Trimingham Pilgrims give leaders a tough game
- Credit: Archant
Trimingham Pilgrims entertained league leaders Sprowston Wanderers expecting a tough test.
The visitors looked dangerous in the early stages although when they took the lead in the 15th minute it was just as Pilgrims were beginning to settle.
After this goal Pilgrims got into their rhythm and were not overawed by their opponents and the match became a stalemate, with neither side able to create any clear-cut chances.
As the dying minutes approached Sprowston were awarded a penalty that the hosts felt was harsh but this was brilliantly saved by home keeper Leigh Brown and it finished 1-0.
Sprowston are now odds on for the title but Pilgrims must keep battling for runners-up spot.
You may also want to watch:
Cricket: All members, senior and youth and their parents/carers are invited to attend an EGM of Bradfield Cricket Cluv which will be held at Trunch Social Club on Monday February 20 (7pm).
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 7 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 8 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping