Aylsham Ladies FC beaten 23-0 in cup
Aylsham Ladies suffered a painful defeat in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk County Cup when they were beaten 23-0 at home by Norwich City Ladies..
City outclassed their opponents from the very first minute as Vicki Stephens opened the scoring, although Aylsham's task was not made any easier when they were reduced to 10 players early on.
Nadine Basson hit a double hat-trick along with Anna Larkins while Gabrielle Whitehurst notched a treble. Grace Parker, Hayley Collison, Natalie Clarke, Vicki Stephens (two), Kate Parsons (2) and Kyla Love were also among the scorers.
Aylsham Ladies are currently seventh in their league.
During December they enjoyed mixed fortunes, the high point being a 6-3 win over Attleborough Town in the cup. However in the league they suffered defeats to Wymondham and Bungay.
In the New Year Tom Dack's side started at home to Mulbarton Belles. They had the advantage with just 10 minutes to go but Mulbarton salvaged a 4-4 draw.
The following week it was another home fixture against Fakenham. Both teams were playing well and the final result was 3-3. It has been a steady start to 2013 for the Ladies who are now getting back to regular training and matches after the snow.
- 1 'I'd bring back the carnival raft race' - Q&A with Becky Robinson
- 2 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 3 Converted barn to Scandi-style lodge: 5 bungalows for sale in Norfolk
- 4 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 5 Obituary: Farmer and 'backbone' of agricultural organisations dies aged 83
- 6 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 7 'A good fit' - New owners to take over garden centre cafe
- 8 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm
- 9 'Tourists must contribute' - North Norfolk car park fee increase backed
- 10 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
Squad: Sam Ede, Beckie Brockman, Vikki Bird (Captain), Di England, Michaela England, Lizzie Hibberd, Vickii Scott, Beth Scrivens, Grace Jackson, Alicia Lacey, Debbie Kelly, Emma Gillespie, Annie Smith, Gina Atherton.