Aylsham Ladies FC beaten 23-0 in cup
Aylsham Ladies suffered a painful defeat in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk County Cup when they were beaten 23-0 at home by Norwich City Ladies..
City outclassed their opponents from the very first minute as Vicki Stephens opened the scoring, although Aylsham's task was not made any easier when they were reduced to 10 players early on.
Nadine Basson hit a double hat-trick along with Anna Larkins while Gabrielle Whitehurst notched a treble. Grace Parker, Hayley Collison, Natalie Clarke, Vicki Stephens (two), Kate Parsons (2) and Kyla Love were also among the scorers.
Aylsham Ladies are currently seventh in their league.
During December they enjoyed mixed fortunes, the high point being a 6-3 win over Attleborough Town in the cup. However in the league they suffered defeats to Wymondham and Bungay.
You may also want to watch:
In the New Year Tom Dack's side started at home to Mulbarton Belles. They had the advantage with just 10 minutes to go but Mulbarton salvaged a 4-4 draw.
The following week it was another home fixture against Fakenham. Both teams were playing well and the final result was 3-3. It has been a steady start to 2013 for the Ladies who are now getting back to regular training and matches after the snow.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
Squad: Sam Ede, Beckie Brockman, Vikki Bird (Captain), Di England, Michaela England, Lizzie Hibberd, Vickii Scott, Beth Scrivens, Grace Jackson, Alicia Lacey, Debbie Kelly, Emma Gillespie, Annie Smith, Gina Atherton.