Aylsham Ladies FC beaten 23-0 in cup
Aylsham Ladies suffered a painful defeat in the quarter-finals of the Norfolk County Cup when they were beaten 23-0 at home by Norwich City Ladies..
City outclassed their opponents from the very first minute as Vicki Stephens opened the scoring, although Aylsham's task was not made any easier when they were reduced to 10 players early on.
Nadine Basson hit a double hat-trick along with Anna Larkins while Gabrielle Whitehurst notched a treble. Grace Parker, Hayley Collison, Natalie Clarke, Vicki Stephens (two), Kate Parsons (2) and Kyla Love were also among the scorers.
Aylsham Ladies are currently seventh in their league.
During December they enjoyed mixed fortunes, the high point being a 6-3 win over Attleborough Town in the cup. However in the league they suffered defeats to Wymondham and Bungay.
You may also want to watch:
In the New Year Tom Dack's side started at home to Mulbarton Belles. They had the advantage with just 10 minutes to go but Mulbarton salvaged a 4-4 draw.
The following week it was another home fixture against Fakenham. Both teams were playing well and the final result was 3-3. It has been a steady start to 2013 for the Ladies who are now getting back to regular training and matches after the snow.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
Squad: Sam Ede, Beckie Brockman, Vikki Bird (Captain), Di England, Michaela England, Lizzie Hibberd, Vickii Scott, Beth Scrivens, Grace Jackson, Alicia Lacey, Debbie Kelly, Emma Gillespie, Annie Smith, Gina Atherton.