Aylsham fight back for point – but then lose top spot
- Credit: Archant
Aylsham lost the leadership of Anglian Combination Division One after drawing at home before rivals Bradenham Wanderers won again.
Their Friday night encounter against Scole was a real thriller, with the hosts scoring twice in the dying minutes to draw 4-4 and seal what could yet prove to be a vital point.
Jack Mollicone (2), Mark Gaskin and Stu Boam got the goals for Aylsham, who slipped off top spot on goal difference the following day – having played two more games – when Bradenham Wanderers won 4-2 win at Sheringham.
Chris Fuller and Jordan Rocastle were the scorers for the Shannocks.
Relegation-threatened Holt had another tough afternoon, going down 5-0 at Bungay Town following goals from Aiden Lowe (3), Dom Mirner and Brandon Solomon.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Sheringham are at bottom side Dersingham while Holt entertain Hellesdon.
- 1 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Cocktail bar with 'European feel' opens in Sheringham
- 4 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 5 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 6 Pizza restaurant in north Norfolk launches bottomless brunch
- 7 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 Historic Norfolk train will be back ahead of centenary
- 10 'Excited' couple prepare to open new butchers shop