Aylsham FC take derby honours after beating Holt
Aylsham 5 Holt 2
Aylsham's return to senior football got off to a dream start last Friday evening with a thumping derby victory against neighbours Holt.
The newly promoted home side found themselves 2-0 down after just 15 minutes with Matt Hudson and Chris Fuller on target for the Owls.
Aylsham got back into the game from a penalty converted by Mark Gaskin, with the decision strongly contested by the visitors. Later in the first half Aylsham evened up the match with a well taken goal.
Aylsham took the lead early in the second half after a errant back pass and soon after Holt skipper Kevin Moore was sent off after retaliating against an Aylsham player.
You may also want to watch:
Aylsham went on the score twice more against the 10 men with William Abbs completing his hat-trick on his debut. Mark Critten was Aylsham's other scorer.
It was a superb start for new manager Martin Meek, who will now be hoping his team can keep up the good work when they travel to fellow new boys and last season's Norfolk Junior Cup finalists Harleston Town on Saturday (3).
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 5 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 6 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 9 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 10 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
Holt, also under new management following the arrival of Stephen Simmonds and Robert Crowley during the summer, will be looking to hit back when they visit Corton.
Holt began Friday's match playing great football but became distracted when decisions didn't go their way.
If they can stay focused then the results will start coming.
Matt Hudson and Josh Clarke were the manager's players of the match.
n ANGELS OUT OF LUCK: PAGE 53