Away test for Cromer on opening game of new season
- Credit: Archant
The new Almary Green Anglian Combination season gets under way tonight (Thursday) – with Cromer Town the first local team to see some action.
The Crabs, who finished last season in impressive fashion under new manager Mike Derbyshire, begin their Premier Division campaign with a trip to Reepham Town (6.30pm).
Cromer warmed up for the game with a 3-2 win at Holt in their final pre-season fixture.
There's a local derby to look forward to tomorrow evening (Friday) with Holt playing host to Aylsham in Division One.
There will be plenty of big games in that section this season, with Sheringham, North Walsham and Stalham also playing in the second flight.
The Shannocks play their first competitive game under new boss Paul Bevis on Saturday afternoon (2.30pm) when they visit Wymondham Town, with whom they were relegated last term.
There are also some games on Tuesday evening – with two more derby games.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 7 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 8 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
North Walsham begin their campaign by making the short trip to Stalham while Sheringham are at home to Holt, who are now managed by Luke Field. Both games get under way at 6.30pm.
Aylsham are also in action. They make the journey to the outskirts of Norwich to take on Hellesdon.