Away test for Cromer on opening game of new season
- Credit: Archant
The new Almary Green Anglian Combination season gets under way tonight (Thursday) – with Cromer Town the first local team to see some action.
The Crabs, who finished last season in impressive fashion under new manager Mike Derbyshire, begin their Premier Division campaign with a trip to Reepham Town (6.30pm).
Cromer warmed up for the game with a 3-2 win at Holt in their final pre-season fixture.
There's a local derby to look forward to tomorrow evening (Friday) with Holt playing host to Aylsham in Division One.
There will be plenty of big games in that section this season, with Sheringham, North Walsham and Stalham also playing in the second flight.
You may also want to watch:
The Shannocks play their first competitive game under new boss Paul Bevis on Saturday afternoon (2.30pm) when they visit Wymondham Town, with whom they were relegated last term.
There are also some games on Tuesday evening – with two more derby games.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
North Walsham begin their campaign by making the short trip to Stalham while Sheringham are at home to Holt, who are now managed by Luke Field. Both games get under way at 6.30pm.
Aylsham are also in action. They make the journey to the outskirts of Norwich to take on Hellesdon.