Around the cricket grounds
CROMER lost to Norfolk Alliance champions Downham by three wickets.David Turner made 62 of Cromer's 206 for nine, and although Downham were made to work hard for their 208 for seven, they won with 7.
CROMER lost to Norfolk Alliance champions Downham by three wickets.
David Turner made 62 of Cromer's 206 for nine, and although Downham were made to work hard for their 208 for seven, they won with 7.1 overs to spare.
They increased their lead over Mallards A at the top to 95 points while Cromer dropped to sixth.
In Division One, the runs again flowed at Bradfield whose Sam Kimber made 95 and David Register 55 out of 281 as Norwich A's Matt Stacey picked up six for 48.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich replied with a winning 284 for three (Simon Jessop 90, Mark Topping 73).
Sheringham (175 for eight) took 23 points from their win at Topcroft (153).
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 6 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 7 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 10 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
In Division Three, Ashmanhaugh (145) lost by eight wickets to Hethersett & Tas Valley (149 for two) who took over the section's leadership.
Dogged batting by bottom side Aldborough (128 for four) in Division Four denied victory to second-placed Sprowston A (246 for four).
In Division Five, leaders Cromer A (255 for six) had a winning draw against title rivals Hethersett & TV (188 for seven), Ben Clarke smashing 116 for the Cromer side.
In Division Six, second-placed Bradfield A (208 for seven) gained a winning draw at Mattishall A (153 for nine).
In the Norfolk League Division Two, Overstrand (124 for three) beat St Andrews (123); Happisburgh (130 for nine) lost to East Harling (132 for five) and Aylsham SG (189 for six) lost to Bystanders (192 for one).
In Division Four, Aldborough A (159) lost at Winterton A (205 for five) and Ashmanhaugh A (104) lost to Great Yarmouth A (174).
Division Six saw Happisburgh A (165) lose to Loddon A (167 for one); in Division Seven, Bacton Sabres (123) lost to Freethorpe A (276 for eight).
Meanwhile, in Division Eight, Reephan & Salle's Paul Minns (133) struck his maiden century in 283 for seven agaist Hingham A (95), George Wright claiming 4-10.