Another tough game for North Walsham Vikings
RUGBY: North Walsham's torrid start to the season continues with a first ever trip to Ampthill on Saturday.
The Bedfordshire side who came into the division due to a level transfer from Midlands having won their league last season have made a cracking start to the current campaign, having suffered just one defeat at Bracknell on the opening Saturday but since then have been racking up the points and currently lie in fourth place.
They are a side that obviously likes to play 15-man rugby as their try scoring record shows, and they obviously have great forward strength as they have forced no less than five penalty tries in their six games.
The Vikings will be subject to at least two changes. Prop Stuart Loose will be out following his red card against Dorking and Jamie Burroughs will be rested after taking a heavy knock to the head.
The absence of Loose means that there will be competition for a start from Ben Campbell, John Lusted or Dom Roberts. With Adie Ball valuable for selection this week he could well step in for Burroughs and if his head injury was not to severe a second start for Jack Hoyles.
You may also want to watch:
Although last week's game resulted in another disappointing defeat the overall performance was very positive and the never say die attitude brought its reward with a four-try bonus point.
The Raiders had their game cancelled last week when Dorking were unable to find a team to travel but this Saturday have the prospect of a visit to Rosslyn Park and skipper Ian Webster will be gathering his players for the trip while the Warriors who suffered a single point defeat at Diss last week host West Norfolk II.
- 1 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 2 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 5 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Happisburgh's 'relentless' erosion captured in stunning photo essay