Anglers boost RNLI
CARING anglers turned out in force to raise a splendid sum of �1,050 for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.It happened at the Cobble Acre Lakes Fishery in north Norfolk where former England international rod Jim Randell and his wife Barbara organised the event sponsored by the North Walsham funeral directors Jackson and Starling.
CARING anglers turned out in force to raise a splendid sum of �1,050 for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.
It happened at the Cobble Acre Lakes Fishery in north Norfolk where former England international rod Jim Randell and his wife Barbara organised the event sponsored by the North Walsham funeral directors Jackson and Starling.
The match attracted 66 competitors from Eastern England who not only paid their dues to enter the contest but also donated draw prizes to swell funds further.
The winner was Suffolk match ace Jim Barrowman who fishes under the Fox Match/Barford Tackle banner and he reeled in a total of 45lb 13oz of mixed species from the Adams Lake which also produced runner-up John Platten (Harleston) with 36lb 9oz followed by Barry Burlton (Browning/Pownalls) with 35lb 6oz.
Speaking about the repeated success of the annual event and its new record proceeds for the RNLI, Barbara Randell said: 'This was an excellent turn out of anglers for a midweek event and we are most grateful for their support and our thanks go to the other companies and businesses and to Jackson and Starling for their continued sponsorship of this charity match.'
She concluded: 'We received much help from many people before and on the day and I thank all of them for their generosity in contributing both time and money.'
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 3 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 8 Man found dead at parents' home suffered 'sharp decline' in mental health
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training