Angels suffer another defeat; joy for Shannocks
North Walsham slipped a point nearer the Anglian Combination Premier Division relegation zone after another poor result on Saturday.
The Angels are still looking for their first win of 2012 following a 3-1 defeat at Loddon, with a goal from Connor Kerry their only consolation from a disappointing afternoon.
Two goals from Gary Summons and another from Tom Baylis were enough to send Walsham sliding to their 14th defeat in 21 league matches this season and they now looking anxiously over their shoulders at improving Wymondham Town, who made up ground with a 1-1 draw against fellow strugglers Hempnall.
It doesn't get any easier for the Angels, with a trip to second placed Blofield looming on Saturday (2.30pm) but they will need to arrest their slide soon if they are to avoiding dropping into the bottom two with the business end of the season fast approaching.
Sheringham, meanwhile, maintained their good run of form as they made it four games unbeaten with a 2-1 home success over Mattishall. Player manager Ben Price led the way for the Shannocks by scoring one of their goals while Ben Abbs was also on target, with Gary Harlow netting for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Price's team remain in sixth position and will be hoping none of their rivals make use of games in hand when they take a break from action this weekend.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach