North Walsham Town Reserves 5, Hindringham Reserves 0FOOTBALL: With the league title having been secured with a hard fought 4-3 victory over title rivals Harleston, Town went into their final game of the season able to relax and enjoy the game, against already relegated opponents.
North Walsham Town Reserves 5, Hindringham Reserves 0
FOOTBALL: With the league title having been secured with a hard fought 4-3 victory over title rivals Harleston, Town went into their final game of the season able to relax and enjoy the game, against already relegated opponents.
One or two players were in unfamiliar positions. The game had a very 'end of season' feel about it and was played at a very leisurely pace. Town took the lead. Gainsford on the right of the penalty area put over what was surely a cross that deceived the keeper and ended up in the net. Jon Alexander then extended the lead with his first goal of the season. He brought the ball down at the far post before cutting back inside on to his right foot, and smashed the ball into the net. Another player who before the game was without a goal to his name, also broke his 'duck', Stewie Dunlop finishing expertly. Town added two further second half goals through Dunlop again, and young Lewis Turner.
Thanks go in particular to the team's two main sponsors, Ben Burgess & Co, and NJE Taxis. Under manager Mark Alexander the team have secured back to back league titles, losing only two games over two seasons. There are rumours that he could be stepping down to spend more time with his family, but everyone hopes he decides to stay on. But, should he stick to his decision then everyone wishes him well and thanks him for his support, time and effort over the past seasons.
You may also want to watch:
Without other contributions behind the scenes, there would be no club. Keith Yaxley the chairman and all the committee, groundsman Billy Quantrill, and in particular, Mick Alexander and Anne.
The end of season 'bash' is on May 23.
- 1 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 2 Revealed: The 10 most expensive villages in Norfolk
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Steam engine naming ceremony to mark Royal British Legion centenary
- 5 'Very disappointing' - Vandals smash and burn toilets
- 6 Delays expected on part of A149 during upcoming road resurfacing
- 7 North Norfolk key workers share impact of fuel panic buying
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?