North Walsham Town Reserves 5, Hindringham Reserves 0FOOTBALL: With the league title having been secured with a hard fought 4-3 victory over title rivals Harleston, Town went into their final game of the season able to relax and enjoy the game, against already relegated opponents.
North Walsham Town Reserves 5, Hindringham Reserves 0
FOOTBALL: With the league title having been secured with a hard fought 4-3 victory over title rivals Harleston, Town went into their final game of the season able to relax and enjoy the game, against already relegated opponents.
One or two players were in unfamiliar positions. The game had a very 'end of season' feel about it and was played at a very leisurely pace. Town took the lead. Gainsford on the right of the penalty area put over what was surely a cross that deceived the keeper and ended up in the net. Jon Alexander then extended the lead with his first goal of the season. He brought the ball down at the far post before cutting back inside on to his right foot, and smashed the ball into the net. Another player who before the game was without a goal to his name, also broke his 'duck', Stewie Dunlop finishing expertly. Town added two further second half goals through Dunlop again, and young Lewis Turner.
Thanks go in particular to the team's two main sponsors, Ben Burgess & Co, and NJE Taxis. Under manager Mark Alexander the team have secured back to back league titles, losing only two games over two seasons. There are rumours that he could be stepping down to spend more time with his family, but everyone hopes he decides to stay on. But, should he stick to his decision then everyone wishes him well and thanks him for his support, time and effort over the past seasons.
You may also want to watch:
Without other contributions behind the scenes, there would be no club. Keith Yaxley the chairman and all the committee, groundsman Billy Quantrill, and in particular, Mick Alexander and Anne.
The end of season 'bash' is on May 23.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 7 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 8 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping