Angels play a nap hand
Watton Utd 1, North Walsham Town 5Walsham put in a much-improved performance to come away with a convincing 5-1 victory to rise to fourth place in the Premier Division.
Watton Utd 1, North Walsham Town 5
Walsham put in a much-improved performance to come away with a convincing 5-1 victory to rise to fourth place in the Premier Division.
Town took the lead midway through the half when Fitzgerald's visionary pass found Dale Wilton, who stole in at the far post to steer the ball home.
Watton went level when a free-kick was not cleared properly. A dip in the performance followed, but Walsham regained their superiority and took a deserved lead into the break. David Hinton picked up a loose ball 20 yards out, shifted the ball and then unleashed a left-footed shot into the top corner.
Hinton's wicked free-kick presented Matt Lown with a simple header. Hinton skipped past three players only to see his shot parried. Fortunately, Lee Clarke was on hand to tap home.
A fifth came as Palmer and Davis combined to release Craig Piper, who broke clear and finished well.
- 1 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 2 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 3 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 4 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 North Walsham 'Live Aid' legend calls it a day after 17 years
- 7 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 8 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 9 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 10 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
Walsham suffered their first defeat by losing 2-1 to Loddon last week. Lee Clarke scored with a looping shot.