Angels play a nap hand
Watton Utd 1, North Walsham Town 5Walsham put in a much-improved performance to come away with a convincing 5-1 victory to rise to fourth place in the Premier Division.
Watton Utd 1, North Walsham Town 5
Walsham put in a much-improved performance to come away with a convincing 5-1 victory to rise to fourth place in the Premier Division.
Town took the lead midway through the half when Fitzgerald's visionary pass found Dale Wilton, who stole in at the far post to steer the ball home.
Watton went level when a free-kick was not cleared properly. A dip in the performance followed, but Walsham regained their superiority and took a deserved lead into the break. David Hinton picked up a loose ball 20 yards out, shifted the ball and then unleashed a left-footed shot into the top corner.
You may also want to watch:
Hinton's wicked free-kick presented Matt Lown with a simple header. Hinton skipped past three players only to see his shot parried. Fortunately, Lee Clarke was on hand to tap home.
A fifth came as Palmer and Davis combined to release Craig Piper, who broke clear and finished well.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 5 Man in 30s in hospital after Mini crashes into tree
- 6 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
- 7 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 8 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 9 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
Walsham suffered their first defeat by losing 2-1 to Loddon last week. Lee Clarke scored with a looping shot.