Angels play a nap hand
Watton Utd 1, North Walsham Town 5Walsham put in a much-improved performance to come away with a convincing 5-1 victory to rise to fourth place in the Premier Division.
Watton Utd 1, North Walsham Town 5
Walsham put in a much-improved performance to come away with a convincing 5-1 victory to rise to fourth place in the Premier Division.
Town took the lead midway through the half when Fitzgerald's visionary pass found Dale Wilton, who stole in at the far post to steer the ball home.
Watton went level when a free-kick was not cleared properly. A dip in the performance followed, but Walsham regained their superiority and took a deserved lead into the break. David Hinton picked up a loose ball 20 yards out, shifted the ball and then unleashed a left-footed shot into the top corner.
You may also want to watch:
Hinton's wicked free-kick presented Matt Lown with a simple header. Hinton skipped past three players only to see his shot parried. Fortunately, Lee Clarke was on hand to tap home.
A fifth came as Palmer and Davis combined to release Craig Piper, who broke clear and finished well.
- 1 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 5 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 6 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 7 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 8 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
Walsham suffered their first defeat by losing 2-1 to Loddon last week. Lee Clarke scored with a looping shot.