Angels boosted by return to form
North Walsham Town 3, St Andrews 0This was a morale-boosting win following the Hempnall defeat and was especially pleasing considering the Angels were missing key players Hinton, Wilton and Alexander.
North Walsham Town 3, St Andrews 0
This was a morale-boosting win following the Hempnall defeat and was especially pleasing considering the Angels were missing key players Hinton, Wilton and Alexander.
The game saw stellar performances from Doggett and Adam Bunton, a tireless display from Fitzgerald and combative efforts from skipper Piper.
The first half saw the Saints, buoyed by their defeat of Spixworth, control the majority of possession. Walsham found it difficult to gain fluency and the front two of Clarke and Fitzgerald were having to feed off scraps.
However, one of these scraps produced the Angels' opening goal on 10 minutes. Alex Fitzgerald chased down a through-ball and capitalised on some indecision in the St Andrew's defence score into an unguarded net.
The players produced some fine football early in the second half. They doubled their lead on 50 minutes when Matt Lown rose to power home Davies' corner. On 60 minutes Alex Fitzgerald bagged his second. Strike partner Clarke was the provider. His astute pass allowed Fitzgerald to clip home from eight yards.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 4 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 5 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 6 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 7 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 10 Sole survivor peregrine chick is ringed
Despite a St Andrews fightback, Town maintained control and went close when Lown's header was cleared off the line. At the other end, Munday showed impeccable handling.
Town made their changes with Nicky Bunton replacing Dunlop, Marsh taking the place of Davies and Patterson making his debut in place of goal hero Fitzgerald. Patterson nearly capped his debut with a goal, but fired just wide after some inventive approach play.