Adams leads the Beach Runners’ challenge at Coltishall
- Credit: Archant
There were 19 North Norfolk Beach Runners among the 444 finishers at the Mad March Hare 10k race organised by Coltishall Jaguars at the club's spiritual - and now physical - home, the former Coltishall airbase.
The course on taxiways and runway was definitively flat and traffic-free although a stiff north-westerly had some runners struggling to get airborne.
First home among the NNBR contingent was Neil Adams in sixth place overall with a time of 37.31, followed by Chris Merrylees in 38.45 for ninthh place, with Adam Smart 15th overall in 39.37.
Two of the NNBR super-70s team were there, as part of their preparation for an attempted repeat of last year's triumph at the Ekiden Marathon Relay which will take place again at Woodbridge in July. Mike Marshall clocked 1.03.03 for 375th place and Liz Letzer 1.12.54 for 424th.
All agreed that the run was very well organised.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 3 'A coffee shop was a childhood dream' - Q&A with Mel Benns
- 4 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 5 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents