Young Jubilee Journalist seeks Cromer and Sheringham people with memories of coronation
Did you go to the Coronation, or organise a local event to celebrate it?
Then our young Jubilee Journalist would like to hear from you.
Sheringham Sixth Form student Joseph Millar is among a group of young journalists who are part of a project being run by our sister paper the EDP, in conjunction with the BBC and Norfolk County Council.
They are looking at a series of projects that will see them produce stories and pictures to appear in the media the nation celebrates the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in June.
Joseph, 17, has ambitions of being a commercial photographer and is currently studying photography, media and information technology as he seeks a university place.
He has already been doing portrait pictures of people in his home town, and is pleased to have been chosen to join the Jubilee Journalists where he aims to take pictures of people who actively did something to mark the 1953 coronation.
He is keen to speak to people - in Sheringham or Cromer - who may have travelled to London to be a part of the event, or who organised or took part in celebrations closer to home, and have an interesting story to tell.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 3 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 4 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 7 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 10 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
Joseph will incorporate their memories in the piece he writes and take a outdoor portrait of them.
If you can help Joseph call him as soon as possible on 07880 621839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org