Young Jubilee Journalist seeks Cromer and Sheringham people with memories of coronation
Did you go to the Coronation, or organise a local event to celebrate it?
Then our young Jubilee Journalist would like to hear from you.
Sheringham Sixth Form student Joseph Millar is among a group of young journalists who are part of a project being run by our sister paper the EDP, in conjunction with the BBC and Norfolk County Council.
They are looking at a series of projects that will see them produce stories and pictures to appear in the media the nation celebrates the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in June.
Joseph, 17, has ambitions of being a commercial photographer and is currently studying photography, media and information technology as he seeks a university place.
You may also want to watch:
He has already been doing portrait pictures of people in his home town, and is pleased to have been chosen to join the Jubilee Journalists where he aims to take pictures of people who actively did something to mark the 1953 coronation.
He is keen to speak to people - in Sheringham or Cromer - who may have travelled to London to be a part of the event, or who organised or took part in celebrations closer to home, and have an interesting story to tell.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 6 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
Joseph will incorporate their memories in the piece he writes and take a outdoor portrait of them.
If you can help Joseph call him as soon as possible on 07880 621839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org