Wroxham Barns feature in national awards
A north-Norfolk tourist attraction has been recognised in a national award scheme.Junior Farm at Wroxham Barns was runner up in the category for businesses with 75,000 or more visitors at the National Farm Attractions Network Awards.
A north-Norfolk tourist attraction has been recognised in a national award scheme.
Junior Farm at Wroxham Barns was runner up in the category for businesses with 75,000 or more visitors at the National Farm Attractions Network Awards.
The awards, which looked at safety, efficiency, employees' attitudes and the overall experience, took place in Tamworth, Staffordshire.
Farm Manager Eileen Claverley, who collected the award, said: 'Junior farm only covers two acres and to have achieved runner up in a competition featuring large farm parks is a great tribute to all my staff who work so hard looking after our visitors and, of course, the animals.'
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham Barns was just beaten in its category by Mead Open Farm, in Billington, Leighton Buzzard, which took first place, and Odds Farm, in Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, which came second.
Michael Buckby, agricultural business manager for Lloyds TSB Northampton, was one of the judges and said it was a difficult decision.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 3 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 4 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 5 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 6 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 7 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 8 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 9 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 10 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
He added: 'We were very impressed with Junior Farm - it is an attractive site with excellent facilities, including a great restaurant.'